PDA

View Full Version : A much need Resignation ianstone

ianstone
10-14-2010, 08:56 AM
Well people my forgetfulness can put AC at huge risk.
I joined earlier this year amist great personal turmoil and critical ill health. I have 2 opiate pain patches and 44 tablets/pills a day and at 56 years old the pain can sometimes make me forgetful. I can no longer walk without my stick/cane.
So I agree with stark I could put AC at a legal disadvantage when I give more than half a story and a link.

I have loved every second of being part of AC, I will dearly miss being part of AC.

Thank you all for replying to my threads and reading them, i hope you enjoyed at least some of them.
two final things if i may,
firstly, treat other people how you would like to be treated.
Second, be proud of your children and make sure they are proud of you.

Thank you all,
Respectfully,
ianstone

Mel
10-14-2010, 06:21 PM
We have spoke many times and I kind of know your situation.Let me be the first to tell you, Thanks for everything.You did the honorable thing Rich....Because that's the kind of man you are.

Take care my friend Mel

Sixx
10-14-2010, 08:37 PM
I have enjoyed your work on AC and will truly miss it. You are one awesome and unique man....not too many people out there with your kind of values.

Take care, my brother from across the pond.
Your posts will be missed.

Godspeed

-Sixx

ianstone
10-14-2010, 08:52 PM
Just popped back to empty my personal details so after this I will not return.
So Mel and Pzychosixx and one other guy who call sign I have forgotten, sorry
Three of you at least shown me why I stand up for the USA.
You took the time to say thank you and pay the respects of honerable men.
If I can ever help any of you three, mel has my details.
Your words were moving, all I can say is thank you,
Regards,
Rich (ianstone)

PzychoSixx can you let them know my account is empty and 100% closed for good.

Scott
10-15-2010, 07:34 PM
Sorry to see you go, Ian, thank you for your time at AC and your time serving, no matter how many times i say thanks it can never be enough. Your work is very much appreciated, and it was a pleasure you being here, you take care m8 and god bless.

DefensorFortis
10-15-2010, 08:33 PM
Sorry to see you go ianstone. You had the greatest and most intelligent threads and posts here on AC. I will miss seeing your work especially the ones that expose the injustice in the world. I only hope that life will get better for you. God Speed. :(

Toki
10-15-2010, 08:53 PM
Sorry to see you go, Ian. You've been a big contributor to AC. Take care and have a peaceful retirement.

gutro
10-15-2010, 10:54 PM
I'm so sorry to see you go Ian.... I was just starting to take a liking to you.

Take care of yourself. I wish you well. You'll be greatly missed :(

ErisKillton
10-16-2010, 04:50 AM
Awe Ian I am so sad to see you go.
I will miss you and your daily posts....
I hope you get to read this and know I cared.

May the gods smile upon you for the rest of your days sir!
*salutes*

Jdubya
10-16-2010, 02:17 PM
Stay well and stay safe Ian. I am sorry to see you go man. Sorry to hear about your situation too. My uncle a WW2 vet is in the same situation. Morphine patches, pain pumps, pills and I feel so bad to see him like that. But he tells me the only way he can get through it is by seeing his family and friends at the VA even if he can only go a few times a year. So again I wish the best for you. Stay well Ian you will be missed here at AC.

wanny1971
10-20-2010, 09:50 AM
GOOD LUCK IAN AND BEST WISHES.. (i'm a bit late but i hope he heard me) :(

Mel
10-20-2010, 09:49 PM
GOOD LUCK IAN AND BEST WISHES.. (i'm a bit late but i hope he heard me) :(

I will make sure he gets your message Wanny.

JOG12
10-22-2010, 08:19 PM
We will miss you man. Take care of yourself, god be with you. You were great here in AC.

SgtJim
11-22-2010, 08:38 PM
Aaeehhh.....

ianstone, i joined here because of you - your threads.....
and now what Im saw..............bah
Mel and PzychoSixx pls send these words to him if possible.....
i;ve got a though about this, because i cant see his writes.......

Ian take care of yourself, and may the gods be with you!
im very sad now....

Mel
11-22-2010, 10:03 PM
Aaeehhh.....

ianstone, i joined here because of you - your threads.....
and now what Im saw..............bah
Mel and PzychoSixx pls send these words to him if possible.....
i;ve got a though about this, because i cant see his writes.......

Ian take care of yourself, and may the gods be with you!
im very sad now....

SgtJim...I stay in contact with Ianstone and will be more than happy to pass this along to him. On his behalf,Thank you for the kind words.

thomasjkelley
03-09-2013, 03:36 AM
I have just stumbled upon this, three years late unfortunately. I was not familiar with ianstone or the issues he was dealing with, but he was obviously a well liked, much respected fella. Anyhow, his story certainly was touching. I wish I could have lent him a helping hand or done something...anything, for him. But then again the nature of his issue would never have allowed it. I couldn't help but to be moved & saddened by hearing a grown man pour his heart out, seemingly with complete & sincere honesty. It takes courage to expose yourself to the world, particularly your weaknesses (or perceived weaknesses) as this man did. You can certainly tell a lot about someone who does that. Most of all, that they are confident in themselves, of who they really are. When a man isn't afraid to reveal himself in the company of others, you can safely assume it's because he knows that underneath any frailty beats the heart of a true & honorable man. For the most part anyhow. I hope all turns out well for ianstone.

LetsTripOutAndDie
03-19-2013, 11:43 AM
Thank you for your service to AC and the military. :USA: #Salute :USA: