PDA

View Full Version : Jihdai movies on the AC? The Verdict is here

Stark
02-09-2009, 12:29 PM
Hi all,

First of all, it was great to see that so many Users actually care about Apacheclips, I have received a lot of good and very valuable mails, one thing that became very apparent was that a lot
Of you fellas have some very strong feeling what this page should be.
The problem is of course that you cannot please everybody but I will give it my best shot anyways.

The question was: Should we here at Apacheclips allow Jihadist movies (movies that show IED’s, attacks from the Insurgent side etc.)
We had many arguments that spoke clearly against these movies, as in:
They are propaganda from the enemy and or I feel personally hurt and distressed seeing American and Coalition soldiers hurt or even killed, the jihadi pages don’t show “our” movies as well and many more.
On the other hand we had also a lot of very plausible Argument to show these clips as in:
No censorship on Apacheclips the name is not without any reason uncompromising military clips, it is hypocritical to celebrate the death of enemy soldiers but feel all chocked up about our own casualties.
War has many faces and we have to show them all here.
If people do not want to view the movies than why do they click on them?

As I have said before it is not possible to please everybody and like any community I have to pretty much go by my gut feeling and whatever the overall community wants.
The page poll has also shown without a doubt that the overall majority of members don’t mind or want to see these movies, however I have a feeling that most of the members not necessarily want to
See these clips but are more concerned about the aspect of censorship, as another member rightly pointed out, if we go ahead and disallow movies from the Insurgents side what is next? Should we also
Disallow movies from WW2, North Korea and or Vietnam?

So what are we going to do?
In order to please everybody I have come to the conclusion that the best thing for this page would be to give every member the option to block the insurgent Category, this will work pretty much as the filter any movies that are categorize as Mature Content, you as the member will have the option to turn this option ON and will than not see the thumbnails and movie clips in the Insurgent category.

I still don’t fully understand why people cannot just choose NOT to view these movies if they don’t want to, but hey I’m not here to judge.

This code change (like any other mod) will cost me money, not much but trust me things are adding up, the server alone cost me a lot of money every month but hey I am not complain, If you want to contribute to this mod, or future mods (as the option to edit your own comments, this is going to come up pretty soon) feel free to use the PayPal Donation button on the front page.

This mod will probably be ready early or middle next month, so in the mean time can I ask everybody who feels strongly about these clips NOT to view them?

That is all

Stark

Markoxx
02-10-2009, 12:49 PM
i think video judge is great think, this is the solution for the problem we have with the vids here.

Stark
02-10-2009, 01:27 PM
i think video judge is great think, this is the solution for the problem we have with the vids here.

Lol i wasn't even aware of Video judge I found the pic online :P

I will have to change it we are not going to use Video judge, what the hell is that anyways?

Markoxx
02-10-2009, 04:09 PM
Lol i wasn't even aware of Video judge I found the pic online :P

I will have to change it we are not going to use Video judge, what the hell is that anyways?
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr something is wrong here lol. ok im sorry i understood it wrong fuck. anyway i thought its something like the Feature vote button loooooool. we will vote on the video and this video will be fucked easily

Cruelbreed
02-11-2009, 03:27 AM
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr something is wrong here lol. ok im sorry i understood it wrong fuck. anyway i thought its something like the Feature vote button loooooool. we will vote on the video and this video will be fucked easily

Nopsers, I think it's just a button to disable them from showing for you :) Although a button to vote and destroy the video would be interesting I guess lol.

Markoxx
02-11-2009, 03:56 AM
Nopsers, I think it's just a button to disable them from showing for you :) Although a button to vote and destroy the video would be interesting I guess lol.

a button to vote and destroy the video. i agree with u dude.lol

Automaton
11-15-2009, 11:18 PM
Is this working yet? Turns out the videos I watch must be all insurgent related since everything I click on gives me this message...

"Currently we have put the Terror/Insurgent Media section on Ice - we are awaiting legal guidance and until then you will not be able to view medias in this category."

MickDonalds
11-16-2009, 01:31 AM
Yes. Let the Insurgent groups and Taliban videos on here.

Why?

Because those of us still in service can easily access this site and use them in training soldiers about tactics and methods of the enemy. These videos have a somewhat emotionally provoking response to them, and it will help ready soldiers for Iraq/A'stan. The ARMY and all of its glorious training tools, doesn't have insurgent videos ANYWHERE in it's training tools online. I've given plenty of classes to my platoon about IED-defeat and have shown them insurgent videos from liveleak and nothngtoxic. Having another easy resource to look up online would be really helpful.

nastyleg
11-16-2009, 01:48 AM
Yes. Let the Insurgent groups and Taliban videos on here.

Why?

Because those of us still in service can easily access this site and use them in training soldiers about tactics and methods of the enemy. These videos have a somewhat emotionally provoking response to them, and it will help ready soldiers for Iraq/A'stan. The ARMY and all of its glorious training tools, doesn't have insurgent videos ANYWHERE in it's training tools online. I've given plenty of classes to my platoon about IED-defeat and have shown them insurgent videos from liveleak and nothngtoxic. Having another easy resource to look up online would be really helpful.

CALL website offers more info than the jihad videos. I use to do the same thing. When you have seen one you have seen them all. Seeing troops blown up is never pleasant and can give the wrong TTP's to your troops. When you get into your current AO your left seat and right seat rides give you more info and TTP's about enemy activity than any jihad video ever would.

wanny1971
11-19-2009, 04:31 PM
great job stark... happy that the option to veiw has been returned to us ..
you and your lads are providing me an education ..
when i first came here i was a misguided fool.. a bit anti american
but watching the vids and reading the comments has opened my eyes
the difference between them and us .. says it perfect ..
a smarter wanny says thanks

ianstone
02-22-2010, 11:36 AM
Our men and women are being maimed and killed for freedom. That includes freedom of speech, regardless how distasteful they are.
But there is a limit of good taste and common sense. If it is obscene then no.
A wise man once said, rules are for the abeyance of fools and the guidance of wise men.
This is a matter for the wise men of this and every cutting edge site of information and communication