PDA

View Full Version : What are you reading?

Cruelbreed
01-30-2009, 01:15 AM
Just as the topic states, i'm interested in seeing what others are reading. Perhaps i'll pick up a book you read or are reading incase we're interested in discussing it :)

I'm currently reading The Revolution - A Manifesto by Ron Paul. It talks a lot of about what our founding fathers meant for this country (U.S.) and how we've swayed from the doctrine of standing neutral and being non-interventionists. In other words, if we lived by the words of our founding fathers we would never be involved in the foreign affairs of other nations. I do recall in my basic history classes learning about the idea of American neutrality and self sufficiency. It's a rather interesting book and I believe many of the ideas do hold merit if not sometimes a little too utopian.

shootfirst83
02-01-2009, 05:47 PM
I'm reading "Hell's Angel" by Sonny Barger. It's pretty good and sheds alot of light on the history of that club.

I just finished "Body of Lies" by David Ignatius. Although it's complete fiction, David did his research and it's pretty accurate.

Cruelbreed
02-02-2009, 04:24 PM
I'm reading "Hell's Angel" by Sonny Barger. It's pretty good and sheds alot of light on the history of that club.

I just finished "Body of Lies" by David Ignatius. Although it's complete fiction, David did his research and it's pretty accurate.

I recall when I was in San Diego recently having my friend point out a hells angel club/bar where there was a very famous brawl of some sort.

Anywho i'm onto reading Guns, germs and steel. Takes a look into human society and discovering why all races developed how they did, and why it was Europeans that developed technological and military prowress and dissolved other nations. The author makes a point that this isn't a racial investigation, as he personally has viewed the indigenous groups of new guinea to be more intelligent then westerners for one reason or another. I do disagree with some of the opinions and thoughts, but it seems an interesting read so far.

http://www.pbs.org/gunsgermssteel/about/index.html