PDA

View Full Version : Pakistan flexes muscles at USA

ianstone
09-30-2010, 08:16 AM
Pakistan block Nato supply route to Afghanistan after air strike kills three Pakistani troops

By Daily Mail Reporter (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/search.html?s=y&authornamef=Daily+Mail+Reporter)
Last updated at 12:49 PM on 30th September 2010

Comments (1) (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1316473/Pakistan-block-NATO-supply-route-Afghanistan-air-strike-kills-3-troops.html#comments)
Add to My Stories (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1316473/Pakistan-block-NATO-supply-route-Afghanistan-air-strike-kills-3-troops.html)

Pakistan to consider 'response options' if more attacks
Fourth cross-border attack in recent days
U.S. unmanned drones being investigated
Pakistan stop Nato trucks in retaliation

Pakistan blocked a vital supply route for U.S. and Nato troops in Afghanistan today in apparent retaliation for an alleged cross-border helicopter strike by the coalition that killed three Pakistani frontier troops.
The blockade appeared to be a major escalation in tensions between Pakistan and the United States.

And a permanent stoppage of supply trucks would place massive strains on Nato and hurt the Afghan war effort.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/09/27/article-1315574-0B5F18ED000005DC-569_468x317.jpg Accused: Pakistan have stopped NATO trucks from entering Afghanistan for the time after the three deaths

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/09/30/article-1316473-0B6AAAEC000005DC-19_468x334.jpg Danger zone: Air strikes have increased on the Pakistan-Afghanistan border - there have been four such attacks recently

'The helicopters shelled the area for about 25 minutes,' said a Pakistani official, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said.

'Three of our soldiers manning a border post were killed and three wounded.'
Pakistani Interior Minister Rehman Malik said of the border incident: 'We will have to see whether we are allies or enemies.'

He failed, however, to mention the blockade.
Nato said it was investigating Pakistani reports that coalition aircraft had mistakenly attacked its forces.
A spokeswoman for the Nato-led International Security Assistance Force in Kabul, however, said none of its helicopters had crossed into Pakistani airspace.
Pakistan has said it would consider 'response options' if Nato forces continued to violate its sovereignty.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/09/15/article-1312171-01D5924A00000578-147_468x336.jpg Deadly: A pilotless U.S. drone - similar to this one - killed a dozen insurgents, linked to both Al Qaeda and the Taliban

If the attack is confirmed it would be the fourth cross-border raid in recent days, which comes just as the U.S. steps up strikes by unmanned drone aircraft in Pakistan's North Waziristan.
The coalition has on at least one other occasion acknowledged mistakenly killing Pakistani security forces stationed close to the border.
Over the weekend, Nato helicopters fired on targets in Pakistan at least twice, killing several suspected insurgents they had pursued over the border from Afghanistan.

Pakistan's government protested the attacks, which came in a month during which there have been an unprecedented number of U.S. drone missile strikes in the northwest, inflaming already pervasive anti-American sentiment among Pakistanis.
The surge in attacks and apparent increased willingness by Nato to attack targets on the border, or just inside Pakistan, could be a sign the coalition is losing patience with Pakistan, which has long been accused of harboring militants in its lawless tribal regions.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/09/15/article-1312171-0B31BCAA000005DC-305_233x546.jpg
Pakistani security officials said today's deadly air strike took place on a checkpoint in the Upper Kurram region.
The dead men were from a paramilitary force tasked with safeguarding the border, the security officials said.

Their bodies were taken to Parachinar, the region's largest town. Three other troops also were wounded.
The security officials spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the situation and because in some cases they were not authorized to release the information to the media.
The border between Pakistan and Afghanistan is unmarked.

Border troops wear uniforms that resemble the traditional Pakistani dress of a long shirt and baggy trousers, which could make it hard to distinguish them from ordinary citizens or insurgents.
U.S. officials have complained in the past that Pakistani security forces do little to stop the movement of militants seeking to cross over into Afghanistan and attack foreign troops there.
Lt. Col. John Dorrian, a spokesman for intelligence and special operations at Nato headquarters in Kabul, said coalition forces observed early today what they believed were insurgents firing mortars at a coalition base in Dand Wa Patan district of Paktia, which is next to Upper Kurram.
'A coalition air weapons team called for fire support and engaged the insurgents,' he said.

'The air weapons team reported that it did not cross into Pakistani air space and believed the insurgents were located on the Afghan side of the border.
Dorrian said Pakistani military officials had informed the Nato military coalition that members of their border forces had been struck by coalition aircraft.

He said the coalition was reviewing the reports to see if the operation in Paktia was related to those reports.
Hours after the incident, Pakistani authorities were ordered to stop Nato supply trucks from crossing into Afghanistan at the Torkham border post, a major entryway for Nato materials at the edge of the Khyber tribal region, two government officials said.
No reason was given, but earlier this week Pakistan threatened to stop providing protection to NATO convoys if the alliance's helicopters attacked targets inside Pakistan again.
By mid-morning, there was a line of around 100 Nato vehicles at the checkpoint, the officials said.
The other main route into Afghanistan in southeastern Pakistan had received no orders to stop Nato trucks from crossing, which they were doing as normal, said Syed Mohammed Agha, a spokesman for the Pashin Scouts border guards.
Some 80 per cent of non-lethal supplies for foreign forces fighting in landlocked Afghanistan are transported over Pakistani soil after being unloaded at docks in Karachi, a port city in the south.

While Nato and the United States have alternative supply routes, the Pakistani ones are the cheapest and most convenient.
In June 2008, a U.S. air strike killed 11 Pakistani troops and frayed ties between the two nations.

Pakistan said the soldiers died when U.S. aircraft bombed their border post in the Mohmand tribal region.

U.S. officials said coalition aircraft dropped bombs during a clash with militants. They expressed regret over the deaths, but said the attack was justified.
Pakistan and the U.S. have a complicated, but vital, relationship, with distrust on both sides.
Polls show many Pakistanis regard the United States as an enemy, and conspiracy theories abound of U.S. troops wanting to attack Pakistan and take over its nuclear weapons.

The Pakistani government has to balance its support for the U.S. war in Afghanistan - and its need for billions of dollars in American aid - with maintaining support from its own population.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1316473/Pakistan-block-NATO-supply-route-Afghanistan-air-strike-kills-3-troops.html#ixzz110xEbJT1

death2mooj
09-30-2010, 10:01 AM
Cut off their aid and see how fast they stfu

MickDonalds
09-30-2010, 10:58 AM
I'm PRAYING for Pakistan to fire the first shot. PLEASE be stupid enough. PLEASE.

There's nothing more in this world I want than to see Pakistan brought to it's knees. I blame them for the Insurgency in A'stan. They're feeding the Taliban, keeping them safe in the mountains, denying us access, and then using OUR aid money to resupply and arm the Taliban. Fuck Pakistan. Let's do this shit. No rebuilding. Just a cold, hard message written in JDAMS, Hellfires, TOW missiles, HEAT rounds, 120mm Shells and Small Arms Rounds.

Jdubya
09-30-2010, 11:10 AM
You know for damn sure those Pakistani troops that got killed were helping the insurgents when they got engaged. Everybody knows Pakistan plays a double game.

Kurticus
09-30-2010, 11:12 AM
Its just a matter of time. We will absolutely occupy Pakistan in the future, there is no way we won't as long as the Taliban can safely sleep there at night and receive aid from Pakistan. Fuck Pakistan. They will get what coming to them.

Toki
09-30-2010, 11:40 AM
You know for damn sure those Pakistani troops that got killed were helping the insurgents when they got engaged. Everybody knows Pakistan plays a double game.

The troops who were killed were Frontier Corps, a poorly trained group of Pakistani soldiers. They were killed because they fired on the Apache, trying to signal it saying "You're in out territory." It wasn't a smart move.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5g23ZTOWHKy43VeWFlJ2g-vwwB-Fw?docId=CNG.67a0f2d737ff658859bb1a5096f6748b.7f1

Jdubya
09-30-2010, 01:07 PM
[QUOTE=Tokenvi;38996]The troops who were killed were Frontier Corps, a poorly trained group of Pakistani soldiers. They were killed because they fired on the Apache, trying to signal it saying "You're in out territory." It wasn't a smart move.

Damn thanks Tok now I really know why they got killed. I never even saw the news about this. But, to be firing at an Apache to say this is our territory you really got to be stupid. But then again it is Pakistan.

death2mooj
09-30-2010, 01:26 PM
The troops who were killed were Frontier Corps, a poorly trained group of Pakistani soldiers. They were killed because they fired on the Apache, trying to signal it saying "You're in out territory." It wasn't a smart move.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5g23ZTOWHKy43VeWFlJ2g-vwwB-Fw?docId=CNG.67a0f2d737ff658859bb1a5096f6748b.7f1

Were they actually attempting to signal it or attempting to shoot it down....that's something we will never find the answer to but it brings the question to mind.

Either way they are dead for being stupid no matter what side of the fight they were on.

Heinrich
09-30-2010, 02:21 PM
I can pretty much see Pakistan being offended at our UAVs blowing shit up on their side of the line, for the sake of them blowing something up in their country- but shouldn't the Paki's be grateful we took out Taliban - enough to ignore that we went across the border?

I mean, aren't these the same guys who are supposedly fighting a war with the same sort of people on their own soil? If that's true, what do they care if some of them spontaneously combust.

It seems like these people are some of the same sort that we're fighting in A-Stan. Instead of insurgents hiding amongst civilians, it's insurgents hiding amongst a foreign national army? What the fuck?

Also - firing at a weapons platform that's likely to possess the capability of killing you and half the mountain?

Even when I was young, I knew there was something off about these people- and no, I'm not going to call them animals, or yell "REST IN SHIT", or "DIE MOTHERFUCKER" like I'm roid raging..

These people are plain stupid. 7 different kinds.

laxaddict992
09-30-2010, 02:57 PM
while they flex their muscles ill polish my m-16. You wanna with the 2.6 million person strong most advanced and badass army in the world? LETS PLAY

Yono
09-30-2010, 07:17 PM
meh I bet the U.S. could blitz across pakistan in a week.
Probably less.

MickDonalds
10-01-2010, 01:01 AM
meh I bet the U.S. could blitz across pakistan in a week.
Probably less.

Set up 3rd ID, 1st Armored, 82nd and 101st Airborne, 1 MEF and cut the rations down for a week before letting them invade. Pissed off, agitated, starving Infantry and Marines CANNOT be stopped in ground combat, Period. We would ANNIHILATE Pakistan, knowing what we know about their defense forces. Plus, all the technology and "institutional experience" that most of our forces have had on multiple deployments in Iraq and A'stan, we'd have even smarter and more capable leaders to invade than we did in '03!

Yono
10-01-2010, 05:20 AM
Set up 3rd ID, 1st Armored, 82nd and 101st Airborne, 1 MEF and cut the rations down for a week before letting them invade. Pissed off, agitated, starving Infantry and Marines CANNOT be stopped in ground combat, Period. We would ANNIHILATE Pakistan, knowing what we know about their defense forces. Plus, all the technology and "institutional experience" that most of our forces have had on multiple deployments in Iraq and A'stan, we'd have even smarter and more capable leaders to invade than we did in '03!

The last thing I would want to go up against is a pissed off marine!!
But seriously, you shoot at a apache helicopter -which is looking for exactly the people who do that- in order to WARN it?? Verrrry smart move, verrrrry.