PDA

View Full Version : Whats Up People!

ThirtyThr33
01-26-2009, 03:56 AM
Hi. Nice site you all have here. I came across this site searching for a particular video my friend told me I need to see. I have yet to find it. And was wondering if you all could help? It's a video that shows the S.E.A.L.'s vs. Taliban in Afghanistan. It was described to me as a mountain top view of a ambush. Where two Seals were killed. It also shows the after math including the terrorist robbing there boots, watches, and pc's and showing them off. And one of the seals ironic Death tattoo. He said it was a old video from at least 3 years ago.

Thanks, Sean

Scott
01-26-2009, 12:06 PM
Hey welcome to the forums and site!

Hope you stick around

i dont think this video is here but i'll definatly look out for it.

Cruelbreed
01-26-2009, 09:31 PM
I don't think I recall this video. If it's here i'm almost positive stark will know which one you're talking about. if not you'll be assisted.

ThirtyThr33
01-26-2009, 11:02 PM
Thank you guys! I found it. Here it is if you want to check it out.

http://ia300143.us.archive.org/1/items/kunarmpg/kunarmpg.mpg

Operation Kunar The Whole Video!!

Unlike the initial video which was released when this story aired on the news, this video shows everything including the chinhook helicopter 16 man Navy seal rescue team which ended up being shot down with an RPG after they tried to rescue the 3 dead Navy Seals shown in the video. Also includes an setup/ambush on a US Army Delta force, where the Taliban take position atop cliffs who eventually kill all delta force soldiers. If you dont already know, that tube looking thing in the video where they show seized Navy Seal equipment is a laser designator.

The info is copied and pasted from the another site. So I do not no how reliable it is. The clip right before the interview is the craziest one.

Cruelbreed
01-26-2009, 11:07 PM
Try and upload it to our site :)

Cruelbreed
01-26-2009, 11:25 PM
That video is pretty intense,gives you an eary feeling. I was hoping that while they were fucking around with the computers it sent out a GPS signal for their location and they got bombed.

Cruelbreed
01-26-2009, 11:30 PM
This attached file shows the military rankings. IF you see the guys ID in the video, you see he's P02 in the navy.

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:NRoJ6fs6F-0J:www.pacom.mil/staff/j01p/titles_dress/MILITARY%2520RANK%2520ABBREVIATIONS.doc+Rank+P02+n avy&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us

ThirtyThr33
01-26-2009, 11:34 PM
Try and upload it to our site :)

I don't know how to download it off this site so i can upload. It's from Ogrishforums. http://www.ogrishforum.com/showthread.php?t=108774&highlight=navy+seals+killed

ThirtyThr33
01-26-2009, 11:44 PM
More info, this happened back in 06 sometime.

News story of the above video the first part of video (3 dead Navy Seals):

The last radio contact was an urgent appeal for help. Night was falling, a rainstorm threatening, and four Navy SEAL commandos were surrounded by about a dozen militants in rugged, wooded mountains. They needed reinforcements.

That hurried call set in motion a chain of events that would lead to the U.S. military's deadliest blow in Afghanistan, and the greatest loss of life ever for the elite force of SEALs.

Nine days after the ambush and subsequent downing of a U.S. special forces helicopter with 16 troops aboard, U.S military officials in Kabul and Washington are starting to draw a clearer picture of what happened and have revealed some details.

The four commandos — one of whom was rescued, three killed — were on a reconnaissance mission on June 28 as part of Operation Red Wing, searching for Taliban-led rebels and al Qaeda fighters in Kunar province, U.S. military spokesman Col. James Yonts said.

The eastern province has long been a hotbed of militant activity and a haven for fighters loyal to renegade former premier Gulbuddin Hekmatyar, who is wanted by the United States. U.S. officials said al Qaeda fighters also were in the region.

After the radio call for help, sixteen Navy SEALs, flew toward the mountains in a special forces MH-47 Chinook helicopter.

It was dusk as they neared the high-altitude battlefield.

Suddenly, militants hiding in the thick forest fired what is believed to have been a rocket-propelled grenade at the massive chopper, hitting it, he said.

Though damaged, the chopper flew on for about a mile before landing badly on a small ledge on the side of the mountain, then tumbling into a steep ravine. All 16 onboard are thought to have died in the crash. Militants then swarmed over the wreckage.

The Chinook, when hit, had been flying alongside other choppers. Their pilots immediately informed U.S. commanders of the crash, a U.S. official said on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of information regarding special forces operations.

U.S. warplanes, more helicopters and forces on the ground were dispatched to the site, but they were hampered by the approaching rainstorm that lashed the mountains for 24 hours.

In the meantime, there was no contact from the four commandos. No one knew if they had been killed in the firefight, or had survived and escaped but were unable to radio for help, the official said.

Fears were further raised when a purported Taliban spokesman, Mullah Latif Hakimi, claimed rebels had captured one of the men. But he gave no proof and U.S. officials were skeptical.

Hakimi — who also claimed insurgents shot down the helicopter — often calls news organizations to take responsibility for attacks, and the information frequently proves exaggerated or untrue. His exact tie to the Taliban leadership is unclear.

U.S. forces finally reached the wreckage of the helicopter last Thursday, 36 hours after it went down.

"We put forces on the ground, we established positions so no more enemy could enter the region. Little by little we took control of the greater area so we could reach the crash site and begin recovery operations," another military spokesman, Lt. Col. Jerry O'Hara, told The Associated Press.

U.S. officials initially said 17 people were on the chopper, but later revised it downward when they realized that one of the service members who was listed on the flight manifest did not get on the aircraft.

The bodies of the 16 — ages 21 to 40 — were recovered and flown to Bagram, the main U.S. base in Afghanistan, before being transported to Dover, Del.

Then on Saturday, a breakthrough came in the desperate search for the four commandos. A friendly tribal elder living in the nearby mountains told authorities he was caring for one of them in his house, Kunar Gov. Asadullah Wafa said. It wasn't clear how the commando got there, he said.

U.S. forces rushed to the site and found the commando, wounded, but in a stable condition. He was flown to Bagram for treatment — and a debriefing, giving military commanders the first crucial clues about what happened to the ill-fated team.

But the good news didn't last.

On Saturday, a U.S. airstrike in the region killed as many as 17 civilians, prompting a strong rebuke by the Afghan government. The next day, U.S. troops in the area spotted the bodies of two of the commandos in a deep ravine. It took another 24 hours to recover their remains and fly them to Bagram.

It was the largest loss of Navy SEALs in a single incident since the force of about 2,400 was formed in 1962.

U.S. commanders refused to give up hope for the fourth missing service member. About 300 troops and numerous aircraft were still in the area Wednesday, searching for him and hunting "a large number" of militants, Yonts said.

"We're, of course, doing everything we can to find the last of the four SEALs. And it's a real priority, and something the president asked to get briefed on this morning," National Security Adviser Stephen Hadley said aboard Air Force One.

The U.S. military has remained tightlipped on what the commandos were doing in the area, or what happened to the men following their urgent calls for help and the helicopter crash. GET SOME!!!!

Video that compliments this story
http://operation-kunar-mpg-329mb.notlong.com

Cruelbreed
01-26-2009, 11:54 PM
Thanks for the information, I just saved the page and I got the video. We'll have to split it into 100mb segments though to get it on our site as that's the cap =/. If not already on the site i'm sure Stark can bypass something to get it up as it's pretty intense.

ThirtyThr33
01-27-2009, 12:57 AM
You could chop out the interview that's got to be at least a 150 of those mb's.

Stark
01-28-2009, 04:25 AM
Hi fellas,

I'm nearly positive that we have that movie - search sucks I know - we're working on it :)

WElcome to the AC

Scott
01-28-2009, 11:28 AM
Yeah i thought that myself Stark.

napalmdeath1.0
01-29-2009, 12:52 PM
true story............

this is how I found AC, looking 4 the same clip, but ended up finding in on LL :P

AC ended up being my homepage

Stark
01-30-2009, 07:45 AM
true story............

this is how I found AC, looking 4 the same clip, but ended up finding in on LL :P

AC ended up being my homepage

ha :D good to know :)

And don't forget, we are just starting AC is online for hmm was it 4 month?
So since I pretty much have closed and or sold all other pages I had I fully concentrate on AC/

Scott
01-30-2009, 10:17 AM
Stark when you say other pages what you mean?

you had other video sites for different things?

Liveleak was my homepage for a LONG time until i found a better place with a more civilized community :)

and ofcourse the page layout attracted me alot, it says alot when a person comes on for the first time.

Mel
02-15-2009, 11:07 PM
The Seal in the video it looks like from the ID card is Danny Dietz, he was part of seal team 10. All of the brave men that died were out of ALFA and ECHO platoon. The only seal to live through it all was Marcus Luttrell. If you want to know the true story get his book " Lone Survivor ". It's good reading after you get about a third of the way in to it.

Cruelbreed
02-15-2009, 11:23 PM
Hey Mel, thanks for the info.. WELCOME TO THE SITE :)

Mel
02-15-2009, 11:49 PM
Hey Mel, thanks for the info.. WELCOME TO THE SITE :)

Allways glad to help if I can Tavarez.

Cruelbreed
03-14-2009, 04:08 AM
The Seal in the video it looks like from the ID card is Danny Dietz, he was part of seal team 10. All of the brave men that died were out of ALFA and ECHO platoon. The only seal to live through it all was Marcus Luttrell. If you want to know the true story get his book " Lone Survivor ". It's good reading after you get about a third of the way in to it.

damn you were friggin right, I may have overlooked your post but a buddy handed me the book. I read the summary and said "Damn this sounds like that operation kunar vid, the seal's id card said danny too"

Cruelbreed
03-14-2009, 04:08 AM
These were the guys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBxJ_ETTw6c&eurl=http://waronterrornews.typepad.com/home/2008/05/seal-team-10-tr.html

Mel
03-23-2009, 11:03 PM
damn you were friggin right, I may have overlooked your post but a buddy handed me the book. I read the summary and said "Damn this sounds like that operation kunar vid, the seal's id card said danny too"

Those are some good pictures Tavarez,I have not seen those before. The mistake they made according to Marcus is not killing the two goat herders they ran across.
Thanks for the link!

fotoman
03-24-2009, 12:01 AM

Great book, couldn't put it down, read it in one night, puts chills up your spine!

Mel
03-24-2009, 12:26 PM
Great book, couldn't put it down, read it in one night, puts chills up your spine!
Your right Fotoman, I couldn't put the thing down.

Stark
03-24-2009, 01:42 PM
Stark when you say other pages what you mean?

you had other video sites for different things?

Liveleak was my homepage for a LONG time until i found a better place with a more civilized community :)

and ofcourse the page layout attracted me alot, it says alot when a person comes on for the first time.

Yep I had one with girls ;) gigdy gig
And some other page (more out there stuff)