PDA

View Full Version : Military Books

Cruelbreed
01-25-2009, 06:15 PM
During vacation I read a few Tom Clancy titled books.

Splinter Cell (Extremely fun use of technology, gets you into that whole special forces feel)

The Teeth of the Tiger (Espionage based)

The Bear and the Dragon - Really reminds you of modern times. Includes a lot of the espionage and creates a scenario in which Russia and China erupt into a war. Similar to the currency manipulation issues the Obama administration is currently dealing with, Jack Ryan (president) and staff confront China on trade imbalances. One of my favorite, worth a read because some areas really ring true to our times.

shootfirst83
01-25-2009, 07:27 PM
Check out:

House to House (David Bellavia) - Probably the most intense book I've ever read

Steel My Soldiers' Hearts (Col David Hackworth) - Best book I've ever read about Vietnam

The Last True Story I'll Ever Tell (John Crawford) - A good book about a National Guard infantry unit in Iraq

Maters of Chaos (Linda Robinson) - Book about SF that covers Panama, El Salvador, Desert Storm, Somalia, the Balkans, Afghanistan and Iraq.

No True Glory (Bing West) - An account of the Battle for Fallujah from the Marines perspective

There are a few more but I can't think of them right now and since I've loaned them out to friends, I can't pull them off my bookshelf to look at them. Enjoy!

rok1ime
02-05-2009, 07:37 AM
bravo two zero-andy mcnab
immediate action-andy mcnab
on killing-lt. colonel dave grossman

ghost
02-07-2009, 09:53 PM
- Trigger Men(Hans Halberstadt) - about Army and Marine Corps snipers in Iraq. It also goes into some specifics like the math and calculations involved, and situational complications. Very good book.

- Lone Survivor(Marcus Luttrell) - in depth story about Marcus Luttrell's survival during Operation Redwing. All of his teammates were killed, in the main story. Great book, very powerful, very moving.

- Roughneck Nine One(Hans Halberstadt) - Army special forces ODA/"A Team" in Northern Iraq. Great read!

- Endwar(Tom Clancy) - If you like his fiction stuff, this book is awesome.

Woodbutcher824
02-09-2009, 10:00 PM
Killer Elite by Michael Smith.

We are Soldiers still by Lt. Gen. Hal Moore and Joe Galloway.

Easy Company Soldier by Don Malarkey w/ Bob Welch.

Hammer from Above by Jay A Stout.

One Square Mile of Hell (Battle of Tarawa) by John Wukovits.

shootfirst83
02-10-2009, 11:27 AM
Killer Elite by Michael Smith.

We are Soldiers still by Lt. Gen. Hal Moore and Joe Galloway.

Easy Company Soldier by Don Malarkey w/ Bob Welch.

Hammer from Above by Jay A Stout.

One Square Mile of Hell (Battle of Tarawa) by John Wukovits.

Oh yeah, I forgot Killer Elite! That's a good one...

Cruelbreed
02-11-2009, 01:07 AM
- Trigger Men(Hans Halberstadt) - about Army and Marine Corps snipers in Iraq. It also goes into some specifics like the math and calculations involved, and situational complications. Very good book.

- Lone Survivor(Marcus Luttrell) - in depth story about Marcus Luttrell's survival during Operation Redwing. All of his teammates were killed, in the main story. Great book, very powerful, very moving.

- Roughneck Nine One(Hans Halberstadt) - Army special forces ODA/"A Team" in Northern Iraq. Great read!

- Endwar(Tom Clancy) - If you like his fiction stuff, this book is awesome.

Aw snap, I forgot about Endwar I need to check that out. I heard the game sucked REALLY bad though :P