PDA

View Full Version : lingo question

Jivaro
09-25-2010, 02:45 PM
I don't know if you have a Q&A thread or a place people can go to get military questions answered...so here I am.

I know that "haji mart" is a term native to Iraq, but is there a slang equivalent for soldiers in Afghanistan?

Thanks in advance for any help. I'm trying to write my book still and looking for insight :)

nastyleg
09-25-2010, 04:24 PM
its the same over there.. hadji is a term used by soldiers to describe local nationals. However Hadji's are a person who has made the pilgrimage to Mecca on foot. Hadji's can also be used in a derogatory way. So to combat the misuse of the word amongst US troops the DOD has urged commanders to combat that term with local national or Iraqi/Aghani. However jawa is my favorite term used to describe any and all terrorist scum. Because as we all know jawa's are smelly untrustworthy scheming little bastards.

Those are my opinions and my opinions alone and do not reflect those of apacheclips.com webmaster or its host.

Jivaro
09-25-2010, 08:21 PM
Thanks! I really appreciate it. I learned the phrase from a mini guide on a merc site. Pardon the mispelling. I prefer your solution actually. Utini!

Big Star Wars fan if you didn't notice. Utini!

Fyall
09-25-2010, 10:11 PM
Jawa...LMFAO!!!!!

MickDonalds
09-26-2010, 08:31 AM
Basically what nasty said.

Although I consider Arabs to be a superior culture to the Afghan-Pashtu-Hazara-Urdu culture, so if I am speaking about Afghan terrorists, I call them "Ragheads" as opposed to "Hajis". "Haji" may be derogatory, but it's a little more noble sounding than "raghead" which is the worst of the worst, just like the Pashtu cockroaches infesting Afghanistan.