PDA

View Full Version : Looking for clips/information about vehicle patrols

Jivaro
09-14-2010, 02:41 PM
As the title says...

I'm working on finishing a novel and I am desperately trying to get some information on the vehicle patrols in Afghanistan in the 2001-2004 timeframe. Still trying to complete the first draft, and I'd rather start with the facts.

The idea is something happens while a vehicle convoy is patrolling for IEDs. (I don't even know the proper wording for it, so that would be most helpful as well.) I was hoping to find footage of even "routine" patrols just to see what it's like. I also want to know how many vehicles are usually on a patrol like that, and also what types. Even if I saw a video I doubt I'd know what they all were.

The storyline was supposed to be around 2001-2004 as a generic time to play with. I saw the Mastiff Armoured Vehicles weren't used until 2004 so I'd like to keep it before that point.

In my case, I can't imagine having too much information. Sorry also if it seems like I'm pumping for info...but I really want to do things right. Thanks in advance, and this is such a great site.