PDA

View Full Version : I Rest my case, and i'm ashamed, i'm so sorry. But I'm just one old man.

ianstone
09-13-2010, 05:04 PM
Cheap trick

WHEN Kingsman Darren Deady died from gunshot wounds on Friday, he became the 335th British military victim of the Afghan war.

The 22-year-old was praised for having the "heart of a lion".
Which is more than can be said for the armchair generals in London.
They are plotting ways of chopping frontline troops on the cheap.
Defence will have to take its share of the pain in the looming public spending cuts. But NOT at the price of breaking the military covenant between our nation and our men and women in uniform.
The people of Britain, led by Prince Harry, displayed their support for our troops last night by packing a concert to raise money for the Sun-backed Help for Heroes charity.
They represented a country that will NEVER allow the pen-pushers of Whitehall to break our part of the covenant - to look after our troops if they are injured, and their families if they are killed.
Military numbers may have to be reduced. But any cuts MUST be done fairly and honourably, not sneakily while our boys and girls are fighting thousands of miles away.

Advertisement

http://pixel.quantserve.com/pixel/p-e4m3Yko6bFYVc.gif?labels=NewsAndReference,Entertai nmentNews

And first for the chop MUST be the bloated bureaucrats.
The very people who, over lunchtime gin and tonics in their London clubs, are planning to betray our soldiers.