PDA

View Full Version : The 9/11 Thread

Stark
09-10-2010, 05:49 PM
Share your 9/11 stories here - how did it affect you when did you see it what did you feel and how do you feel now?

No - Lets nuke all muslims or similar posts - keep it civil folks.

I start:

I was working when it happened a college comes over to me and says an airplane just crashed in the the WTC and another got up of his seat and said: Make that two.

This was the first time I saw the internet totaly blocked, when I came home i turned on the tv and saw the bodies fall - I felt extremely bad and sick watching it.
But I was also afraid since I had a feeling this would have very big consequences for many years to come.

Scott
09-10-2010, 06:25 PM
when this happened back in 2001 i was in my 2nd year of secondary school, i was bunking/skiving of school and went home for some lunch, i switched on the tv to see what was on, back then i had know clue about terrorism and how fucked up this world is/people.

i was saddened and sickened by this, i was young and did not fully understand why they done this or the history between al qaeda & the US, it makes me sick to this day.

it just proves our horrible human beings can be at the worst of times, the least i have done is made a Tribute video from the events which happened on 11/9/2001

Mareky
09-10-2010, 06:29 PM
Good thread idea.

RIP to all that died almost exactly 9 years ago.

I was at a sound and light trade show (PLASA) in London the whole day. My dappy girlfriend at the time called me around 3pm GMT (I think it was 10 AM NY time) and told me "some planes have flown into some buildings". My reaction was "OK......... great. See you later sweetheart".
It wasn't til about 8PM when we got back from the show and switched on the telly that we realised the enormity of it all.

It shall always be known as a black day in history for the entire world. Whatever point the hijackers were trying to make has been totally buried in the chain reaction that they started. They have managed to alienate an entire religion and spawn years and years of hatred that only looks to be able to be settled when one of us is extinct.

I sincerely hope we (the west) walk away from the middle east soon and allow them the freedom and space to realise their own mistakes.

jdnz
09-10-2010, 06:42 PM
Was asleep laying in bed had finished work had a month off before joining up onto recruit course, dad came in and said come have a look at this..
spent the next 18 hours glued to the tv Knowing that this was the start of something big and different in the world

Had the REM song - "its the end of the world as we know it" going around and around in my head.
felt nervous as ##$ as about to join armed forces just as the world was going to war..

death2mooj
09-10-2010, 06:48 PM
Was at work when it happened and I didn't see anything about it on tv until I got home later that day. My old boss was retired usaf and said someones gonna get the shit bombed out of them. 2 weeks later I was driving to rhode island to visit family and nyc was empty it seemed. Nobody at all on the cross bronx expressway except for a dumptruck or two, skyline looked weird without the wtc standing.

Hellfreeza
09-10-2010, 07:23 PM
i'd never forget that day. i was 18 and i was learning with some friends for my electrical engineer examination. at 2 o'clock pm someone came into the room where we learnd and said: "A plane crashed into the WTC in NY" me and my friends didn't care much about that and went on with learning.
At 4 o'clock i came home, i ate something and after that i switched on the TV and i couldn't believe my eyes. every TV station i could receive was sending live pictures from NY. I was scared and thought WTF is going on there and at that moment the second plane crashed into the second tower. Now i was shocked! And at that moment i knew this is not a contingency. i knew some big fucked up shit was going on, Hell On Earth i thought.

Next day when i was at work nobody was talkin. Everybody of my friends and comrades was shocked. we could'nt say a word the whole morning.

____and one month later on October 7, 2001 the U.S. government launched their first military operations in Afghanistan. the day when the War Against World Wide Terrorism started.

I WOULD NEVER FORGET 9/11 AND I WOULD NEVER FORGET ALL THE FALLEN WHO FOUGHT FOR OUR FREEDOM! R.I.P.

firebladenl
09-10-2010, 07:34 PM
I was coming home from school that day, 2nd grade highschool (or 12 years old) and i watched it all day. astonished why people could do that. Even then at that age, i already realised what the impact of the event was, and that it wouldn't be left unanswered. I think for me that day, i realised what a shit place the world can be. rip.

Krabster
09-10-2010, 07:36 PM
I got up in the morning and was about to get the kids up. My Dad, who would have been about 72 at the time called on the phone. "Have your been watching the news this morning?"

"No, Dad, I have a lot to do in the morning. Why?"

"Some planes have flown into the World Trade Center, the Pentagon, and they think there's one heading for Camp David."

I turned on the TV. I don't remember what channel - it didn't matter. When I saw the airplanes flying into the towers, I thought it was a CGI rendering or something, and then I realized it was real. I had to sit down. I watched for a few minutes, and woke up my wife. She came and sat down and we watched together. We saw the towers fall, and she cried. I didn't cry, but I felt like it. I've never seen anything so horrible.

theshoebox
09-10-2010, 07:49 PM
I was in middle school, 6th grade!(youngin) We were getting into our car and my neighbor said to my dad that
some planes crashed into the towers. We shrugged it off, and when I went to class, my teacher had the news
on, we watched it for half of the day. He said for us to remember the events.

kath1664
09-10-2010, 07:49 PM
i was on holiday in France with my family at the time the wtc's were attacked. we thought this was something huge, and that initially america would be under attack.............from which country we did not know.our initial reaction was that an attack of this nature could only have been instigated by another superpower or a rogue state,not an unknown band of freedom fighters and pricks known as Al Qaeda. how could passenger jets get this far into commercial airspace without questions being asked and why did it take so long for the USAF to respond.Questions still may never be answered.My thoughts go to those killed on that day and also to those brave troops from whichever country they come from who have been killed or maimed in the name of a freedom. I am not a member of any armed services and never will be, but i toatlly respect all NATO/ISAF forces for putting their asses on the line, right or wrong!

xkennyx91x
09-10-2010, 08:15 PM
I remember the day like it was yesterday. I remember I was in elementary school, my mom came and woke me up that morning and said, "Kenny come look something horrible has happened today" I gazed at the tv only to realize what was going on, time froze and I realized the world would never be the same.

FASoldier
09-10-2010, 08:34 PM
wow...this is something I wont ever forget, I was in Highschool a sophomore in an Automotive school in Queens, NY...school pretty much just started and me and some friends decided to rebel and cut class. We was going to that simulated helicopter ride in the towers, it was pretty cool...got off the train a few blocks away and hell broke loose, I have never seen that much chaos in my life. I always wanted to join the military but when something like that hits that close to home, it fuels an already raging fire...

KGCNC
09-10-2010, 08:55 PM
I was at work listening to a show on the radio. The host broke their discussion for a second to mildly say a plane went in the WTC. They continued their show for about another 10 min then the radio station broke into news for the remainder of the day. The first pic I saw on my bosses computer was a woman falling from the towers. Hard day that day. RIP to the fallen. God bless to our hero's.

cunny_funt
09-10-2010, 09:08 PM
I remember it like it was yesterday, i was working at the national airport of my country and everything went into lock down, every staff personnel had to be searched after work day finished, i was so young at the time and i didn't realize what this meant and what was going to happen, hope shit like this never happens again

Langenbrunner
09-10-2010, 09:38 PM
I remember i was working and I got a phonecall from a friend who told me to watch the news..I think that nomatterwhat nationalty you tou will always remeber this day and what you were doing, may the terrorist fucker enjoy their stay in hell! To all those who died...Vila i frid och må herren vaka över er.

DefensorFortis
09-10-2010, 10:29 PM
I was in 4th grade at the time. The one thing that has been branded into my brain from that day is when i walked through the door of my house after getting home from school something in the back of my mind told me to look at the tv. When i looked at the tv, i saw news footage of the first plane hitting one of the towers. Ironicallay, sometime before 9/11 i made the decision at eight years old that i was going to join the military as soon as i was old enough. After 9/11 the decision i made has a whole new meaning almost as if it was my destiny to eventually fight for the land i love because of that horrible day in September nine years ago. May peace be with the victims and their families as well as the fallen soldiers of the free world who sacrificed everything so we don't have a repeat of 9/11.

serpa6
09-10-2010, 10:56 PM
I remembered the day it happened. I was watching Television i had gotten into a car accident the week before, i was ok but i had to take a weeks vacation so i could find a new ride. So i was watching television and my friend on the 3rd fl came down and said switch to cnn your not gonna belive it The frist plane had already hit i seen all the smoke coming from the tower then just about to come to reality when the second hit i yelled wtf this is not happening well pretty much all day in massachettes was a zoo where i live in mass you could see the river heading west towards providence ri and planes starting to cirlce to line up to land in providence and alot of them heading north to logan where the planes where heading being diverted from providence all the heavys 747s heavy cargo carriers fed ex ups all heading north seeing the fighter planes coming out of ri heading north and out to sea east after about 4 hrs we where talking and i told my friend, well the fuckers finally did it they brought down the twin towers and i remeber saying to him those cocksuckers are going to pay big time my friend asked what do you mean and i told him we are goin to war you know that right,he s like maybe i said not maybe and i dont feel one bit sorry for any country on the reciveing end of whats going to happen to them fuckin cocksuckers

USMC_Sgt_Spy
09-11-2010, 12:58 AM
I've only been living in U.S. for few months when it happened. I remember waking up and my parents were watching the news. I honestly thought it was a move of some sort. I went to boot camp that December.

nycity1
09-11-2010, 01:36 AM
i was home ,i lived a few miles away from ground zero in manhattan,got a phone call from my wifes cousin who told us to turn on the tv,when i did i knew who did it already as i was living in manhattan the first time the goat fuckers tried to take down the towers.i knew it was real bad when they came down.when i found out how many firemen were missing i knew they were dead. 3 of my friends died that day and i miss them.being in law enforcement and working so close to the WTC i was able to get past security going to work and the stuff i saw was crazy,a suv crushed to 2 feet high,air plane tire in the middle of the street.i was so mad i wanted some pay back.when pres bush made that speech on top of that junk pile i knew the goat fuckers blood was gonna be spilled all over the streets of the middle east.it was a long time coming to the goat fuckers with all the innocent americans they killed. R.I.P glenn,anthony and george F.D.N.Y

veritas44
09-11-2010, 03:00 AM
Some of you guys make me feel old. I had just gotten home from a crappy night of chasing crack heads and what not ,when I turned on the TV and saw the first tower burning. I sat their in a blind glare wondering what the hell that pilot was thinking when he did that... about that time I saw the second plane hit and then I knew. I was both saddened and angry because I knew that lives had been lost and that more loss of life was about to come.

befmaster
09-11-2010, 03:20 AM
I was working as well, they told me a plane flew in tot the wtc, then we all, the whole police office, sat before the tv and saw the second plane flew in the wtc live. Thats some thing youll never forget. Saw the docu last week and still made me sick. To bad we (the dutch) left afganistan and the US is gonna leave before the job is done. We will have tot deal with them again.

Fyall
09-11-2010, 08:30 AM
That day started for me at about 0340 hours. We were toned out to major powerlines down across a major highway. On scene there for about 15 mikes and we were then toned out for a motor vehicle accident involving a tractor trailer unit. Got on scene to that and found first patient sitting on roadway next to what used to be a Dodge Ram P/U truck. We were then informed that the TT unit had also struck a minivan and that patient was priority one. I got left with patient one for assessment, c-spine, and care. Spent next 30 mikes on ground with my patient in a pool of battery acid, antifreeze, diesel fuel, and assorted other fluids while extrication and hazmat evolutions were being conducted. Minivan patient expired on scene. I remember watching the sun come up over the scene. CLASSIC New England fall day: bright blue sky, clear air. On way back to station I remember thinking that it was one of those days where you are really just glad to be alive. I got to my other job at around 0830 hours and the next thing I know, one of my buddies calls me and says somebody just flew a plane into the World Trade Center. I figure- shit, some dumb fuck just crashed his Cessna. Then he called me again. I saw the collapses on live TV. Every day from that moment on, whenever I see those buildings fall or think about what those VERMIN did, in my head or out loud, I yell "THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS".

Today I am no longer a firefighter. I am technically a homeland security mercenary (contractor). Every day I work I carry a rifle and a sidearm just in case THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS want to try again. I train hard. Every day I work I remember what THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS did. Me and mine are standing by.

I will NEVER forgive or forget what THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS did. I waill also NEVER forgive or forget those incompetent, self-serving ASSCLOWNS in our government who sat on their hands over many years and allowed that abomination to be planned and carried out.

To all who go in harms way in the service of freedom- THANK YOU!
To all of the fallen innocents and service members- RIP!
To our enemies- I know you. There will be no mercy and no quarter!

:USA:

rakk3187
09-11-2010, 08:49 AM
I was a Drill Sergeant at Fort Benning, I had just pinned on my E7 earlier that morning. I had BN Staff Duty so I was driving privates back and forth to sick call when the first plane hit. During a break I was watching the news related to the first plane when the second one hit. The rest of the day I was numb with anger and frustration as were all the privates there for basic and advanced training. I was frustrated, angry, and knew that the US would never be the same. I also knew that most of the soldiers I was training would be going off to fight somewhere as would I when my Drill Sergeant time was done. I was right in 2004 I deployed with 1/25 Stryker Brigade to Iraq.

Markoxx
09-11-2010, 09:24 AM
I was in Iraq, I came from school everything was as usual until I heard some guys outside shouting AMERICA IS DOWN, AMERICA IS DOWN. I was like what the fuck is going on? then my mom called me and said son something bad has happened in the USA. we turned the TV on and saw the 2 towers on fire. after that some victory shit started on TV, as u know Saddam was in charge at that time. We were all chocked and scared at the same time cuz we know a war is coming and its gonna be bloody. anyway from that day everything has changed, saddam started to train every single boy in Iraq on how to use weapons and military tactics. cuz he knew his ass was gonna be kicked soon. anyway believe me guys for me personaly and im sure for many more Iraqies that was not cool, it was sad very sad to see thousads of ppl dying like that. R.I.P for all the victims and may god bless thier familes. Im not American but I will never forget that day.

soupisgoodfood
09-11-2010, 10:08 AM
It was my freshman year in highschool, I was sitting in my second period English class. I had Gym first period so I hadn't heard about what had happened. I walked into my English class and and thought it was weird that the TV was on and they were watching a building fire in New York. A couple minutes later the second plane hit and I realized what had happened. I remember the total silence from my classmates, only interrupted by an occasional gasp from someone crying or a prayer being uttered under someone's breathe. I remember the feeling of disbelief that followed me around the entire day, and seeing that same feeling of disbelief in the faces of all my classmates as we walked through the halls between classes. And I remember the anger, that anger still runs through me.

ch229151
09-11-2010, 11:26 AM
I remember everything pretty vividly. I was sitting in my Social Studies class in High School. I remember where I was sitting in the classroom, the names of the kids around me, what I was wearing, etc. I also remember a nurse coming into the class and removing 2 girls and 1 boy into the hallway. Shortly after all three return in tears and removed their belongings and left the classroom.

Within a minute of this, the principle came on the PA system and informed us a plane flew into one of the WTC towers and we'd be updated as to what exactly happened. Within several minutes of this announcement came another saying another plane had flown into the adjacent tower, and the term "accident" was now irrelevant. Terrorists have attacked the WTC.

I can remember the entire school shaking as people in the classrooms above us and across the hall erupted in panic. People crying, people running out the classrooms despite teachers orders. Cell phones being dialed and slammed shut when no one picked up on the other line.....

TV's were brought in certain rooms, the auditorium was turned into a viewing hall, as was the library and cafeteria. The terrible thing was how unnecessary the TV's were....being less than 20 miles from the WTC we were able to see the plumes of smoke from the west side of our school and its playing fields.

I have many friends who lost parents and siblings in the towers that day. A few have relatives who escaped, and a few have some remarkable stories about how their trains were late that day for work, or they decided to take a "mental health" day and take off that day.

The following day the school was closed due to the air quality situation, dust and debris in the air.

It's been 9 years, and recalling the panic and helplessness around me gives me goosebumps. Watching the ghostly plumes rise in the distance gives rise to anger, frustration, and sadness.

I'm now 25, and still live on Long Island but I actually lived on Maiden Lane (basically 1 block from the site) for about 2 years after college. Walking to and from the PATH train every morning to get to work was a really incredible experience. Millions of people walk by, accepting what it is and going on with their lives. If you haven't been, take a ride on the PATH train to Jersey City....the tram goes right through the pit and you can really see a lot of the work going on, as well as a lot of the devastation that occurred.

What doesn't destroy us, makes us stronger. God Bless AMERICA!!

Kurticus
09-11-2010, 11:31 AM
I was in fourth grade at the time. I remember another teacher coming in our room and telling our teacher something, and they both left. When they came back our teacher was crying profusely. Not long after that the county ended the school day and sent everyone home. My mom told me what happened and we watched the footage on the TV for a while. It was extremely scary because my father, a flight engineer, was flying that day. At that time I was too naive to understand that the possibility of one of the planes being his was was pretty low. He called and I talked to him and was reassured that he was fine. I didn't understand the complexity and impact the attacks had on our nation, but I knew it was a big one. I remember the news paper the next day, the front page had a picture of a street, and all the way down the street every house flew an American flag.

floater
09-11-2010, 11:48 AM
It was 1990 June sailing the British Virgin Islands.We had a liitle flotila of 4 boats.Evenings on boat often led to political discussions. To make this short my contribution to the discussion one night was,"Communisum will collapse on it's own what my concern is is Islam-- it will challenge our freedom's as never before".I won't get into my reasoning it's to long to post.

The morning of 9/11 i was walking through the living room to get some oj-- a voice said," turn on the t.v. something terrible has happened" My first thought was of my first son yet to be born. My second thought was -- Bin laden. I went into the bedroom and told my wife the world will never be the same.It was a very sad day in surgery everyone had tears.

Jdubya
09-11-2010, 11:57 AM
I was 13 and at school when I heard the news and then when I got home my mom told me what had happened. The next day we learned that one of my moms close friends lost their daughter and grand daughter. Then as the day went on we thought that my cousin had also died luckily my uncle called us and said that my cousin had missed her flight and thus saving her life. I'm from CT and pretty much everybody out here was either affected by 9/11 or knew someone that was affected. Very tough times for a lot of people.

NEVER FORGET 9/11

NeilDunne
09-11-2010, 12:27 PM
I remember it so well it was my first day of my first year in secondary and we got off on a half day i got in the door and my Mother told me two planes had crashed in New York, At first when i heard it i thought of a small passanger plane or a personal plane like a sesena but when i turned on sky i just cought it as the second plane flew into the tower and it shocked me... Rip to all those innocents

Cup_Noodles
09-11-2010, 01:48 PM
I was in my 3rd grade reading class when all of a sudden the P.A. system came on and said "The World Trade Center has been hit" right about that time my teacher turned the T.V. on to CNN. Like Stark said, you could see people jumping from the buildings. The first plane had already hit but I seen the second one smash into the other tower. I had no idea what was going or what the fuck was happening. When you are seven or eight years old and you see a Plane full of Jet Fuel smash into a building and explode or you see people jumping because they know they are going to die or burn alive, it kind of hits you hard.

I remember just sitting there with my eyes swelling up about to cry and asking "Why did they do this to us?" my stomache instantly turned sour and I just cried.

bmackay
09-11-2010, 01:55 PM
I was sleeping when my mom burst into my room AMERICA IS UNDER ATTACK. i ran downstairs she already had the radio on and i flipped on the T.V. to see what was happening. When i got to school all the t.v were on and everyone in the highschool was in the halls watching them, at this time the 2nd tower collapsed, there was alot of panic ill never forget that shit. That day changed my life forever.

xxJOKERxx
09-11-2010, 03:31 PM
I was on my way to work listening to the Howard Stern show before he went to satilite. It was an awesome show with Pamela Anderson. Then Ralph called in to say a plane had it one of the towers. At first it was kind of like it must have been a single engine plane, because no pilot in the right mind for a passenger jet would come close to that. Then it seemed to esculate. They could actually see it from where they were broadcasting. Then my cell phone rang and it was my wife. She was like did you hear what happened with the WTC. She was home with my new born son. I was upset to what I was hearing. I arrived at work and went next door to a building which was actually one of the finance firms who had an office in the trade center. As I moved in on the TV in their firm thats when the second plane hit. The secertary who was working at the office was actually on the phone with people from the WTC. She was crying. At that point I was I had no idea what was going on. No one said a word. Then my wife called me back and was hysterical crying. I told her to calm down and she did. The funny thing is I actually went back to my side of work and began working. Glued to the internet of course. CNN only had the front page. I dont think any of us actually knew what to do so we acted as if nothing was wrong. We just went on working. I work for an engineering firm so we all just sat there and worked. It was very bizzarre. THen of course we hear the pentagon was hit. I have no idea why I stayed at work, but I did. All day. I had actually told a friend I would help him move a pool table that day, so after work I went home said I love you to my wife and son and went to move the table. I met some of my best friends to move this table. I pulled up to my buddeis house where he was standing outsdide. The first thing he said to me is now I understand why so many people would want to join the milititary after Pearl Harbor. We couldnt relate to it up until that poiint, but then we could. We were all ready to go to war. Its like before you have a child. You just dont get it until it happens to you. You dont understand it or feel it. Once you do there is nothing that can quite describe it and thats how 9/11 was. I only wish the world could stay the way it was when that happened. Humans became one. We were all united under something tragic, but it truly showed you what could happen if we all put our differences a side. That day was a turning point for America. Did we do the right thing......? I think we could have done better and been more focused rather than go into Iraq. I think that tainted our real objective. We still dont have the person "responsible" for what happened. Do I think thats ironic. Yes. We got Sadam. Why havent we gotten Osama? Maybe we didnt want the war to be over that quickly. We are the United States of America for Christ sakes. If we wanted someone we sure as hell are gonig to get him. God Bless America and all of her Alliies. Thank you for standing with us and falling with us.

Tauschi
09-11-2010, 03:40 PM
... and came back to my office. The colleagues told me that an Airplane flew into the WTC. First we thought that it was only a Cessna or something like that. On my way home i heard on Radio that a second plane hit the WTC. So that was the unequivocal evidence for a terrorist attack.
At home I switched on my TV and saw the whole dimension of the attack. I sat there with tears in my eyes and angriness in my heart.
My wife worked for Arthur Andersen and was on training in Chicago. It took two days to get her on the phone. I was worried because she wanted to visit NY and I didn`t know were she was in time of the incident.
Now, nine years later, I feel the same angriness and I hope that the US and the coalition forces kill as many of those scumbags as they can get all over the world.

RIP to the victims of 9/11 and the heroes they fought terrorism in the last nine years. All the best to the relatives, the wifes, the husbands and the children who lost their beloved.

Hell for those terrorists who are responsible this awful hurts.

luigi53
09-11-2010, 04:28 PM
Man seems like just yesterday, I was About 9 years old in 3rd grade it was about 7:50 CT time when I saw another teacher come into the room and talk to my teacher very scared and almost sobbing, I would later find out that her brother worked in the north tower thank god he survived, but yes around that time she came in and I saw the the look on my teachers face it didn't look good but i asked my self what could be bothering my teacher so much and then at about 8:10 CT time the other teacher comes bursting into our class room crying and I could hear her saying that they were attacking the world trade center I didn't think much about it i was only 9 so we continued class as if nothing was happening. At around 10:30 CT time our principle Mr. Hoy came on the intercom and told evryone that they would be allowing our parents to pick us up he sounded very frantic and scared. As minutes went by our class got smaller and I thought to myself for what reason so many parents would pick up their kids during school, finally at around 11:00 CT time my mother came and picked my brother and I up she looked as if she had been crying I asked what was wrong why is everyone crying she said wait till we get home and you'll see what is happening so we waited. When we got home we saw the word on the screen stating " America Under Attack" we were scared then and we saw people said to be from the middle east jumping in joy and celebrating I asked so how and were are they attacking my mother changed the channel and I saw the first tower on fire and then i saw the second plane hit, i saw the pentagon on fire and then i saw the south tower collapse and then the north tower my brother and i were very scared and out of words as to what we saw on the screen. for the next hours those images repeated and repeated over and over. The next day we did not go back to school we wen't to the store to get some stuff for our home, it was like a ghost town very little cars on the road very few employees working. That was surley a time that i will never ever forget.

Chaser
09-11-2010, 05:41 PM
my buddy was working in the wtc that day, he had a import-export company and i had imported us cars to germany with him.

hey bob, RIP bro wherever you are!

now i sit in my office and share a drink with all of you guys

NEVER FORGET!

JOG12
09-11-2010, 08:48 PM
I was in 3rd grade. Saw it on tv, and I felt flat out weird and confused. Never understood terrorism until that day, I'm shipping out in Summer and hope to fight in Afghanistan because of that day.

omen555
09-12-2010, 12:04 AM
I was working like most of you that day. people kept telling me what was happening and I didn't believe them. I thought it was mass hysteria, drugs, something. It affected me once I learned the truth. I am prior service. Prior combat. It hit me like a ton of bricks and stirred emotions I had not felt in years. I felt it was a call to arms. I never forgot. I taught my children and honored each anniversary with them so they could understand. America was built on revolution, honor, and rememberance. So riddle me this...

HOW THE FUCK HAVE WE FORGOTTEN THAT WE ARE AT WAR!? THAT WE WERE ATTACKED, 3,000 AMERICANS KILLED IN A SINGLE ATTACK ON AMERICAN SOIL. THE KILLING CONTINUES.

I will continue to honor this somber anniversary as usual. I just remember a time when America and it's allies "remembered" more.

ianstone
10-08-2010, 07:12 PM
As sad as it make an old man sound.
it was and is engrained in my mind
and is still very very Raw. I can't
really talk about it. Sorrry.

neverbee
02-01-2011, 01:23 AM
R.I.P to all the fallen

neverbee
02-01-2011, 01:26 AM
down with the terrorists

Humbled Infidel
09-15-2014, 10:48 PM
Same here.....I still think of those in the sandbox fighting because of that attack upon our soil.