PDA

View Full Version : Hi! This is my first post.

Jivaro
09-10-2010, 01:04 AM
Thanks first of all for letting me be here. I came here since I have been looking for a military community, and maybe I finally found the right place.

I have been working to research a lot of stuff for a book idea which was on my mind for a while. I started writing it in November then took a few breaks, and now I'm back at it hoping to strike the right balance of inspiration and information.

Sorry if I sounded long-winded, but I wanted to be honest about why I came and what I hoped to seek out. I have been struggling to make something less a traditional novel but still giving the utmost respect to all serving. Thanks for letting me a part of this place.

Sixx
09-10-2010, 01:51 AM
Thanks first of all for letting me be here. I came here since I have been looking for a military community, and maybe I finally found the right place.

I have been working to research a lot of stuff for a book idea which was on my mind for a while. I started writing it in November then took a few breaks, and now I'm back at it hoping to strike the right balance of inspiration and information.

Sorry if I sounded long-winded, but I wanted to be honest about why I came and what I hoped to seek out. I have been struggling to make something less a traditional novel but still giving the utmost respect to all serving. Thanks for letting me a part of this place.

Welcome, enjoy your stay.
I'm sure you'll find something here to help you out.

Stark
09-10-2010, 03:25 AM
welcome - enjoy your stay

MickDonalds
09-10-2010, 04:11 AM
Welcome dude. There's a TON of content on this site. I find more information here than on my own US ARMY networks sometimes.

Mel
09-10-2010, 07:21 PM
Welcome to AC Jivaro,Get ready to be schooled.There are some bright,intelligent,and very colorful individuals here.Hope your stay here is enjoyable.

Jivaro
09-11-2010, 01:48 AM
Welcome to AC Jivaro,Get ready to be schooled.There are some bright,intelligent,and very colorful individuals here.Hope your stay here is enjoyable.

Oh yeah! I noticed that right away. I appreciate all of you who have been so kind to me already. There is a bit I am still trying to come up with, but I also didn't want to look like I am pumping for info thanklessly. This place is unlike anything I have seen and an amazing community; doing my best to learn and contribute in a positive way.

Scott
09-11-2010, 10:54 AM
Hi there and welcome to Apacheclips, Thank you for your kind words, the community here is amazing.

feel free to ask questions and members should come forward and help you out, you have come to the right.

peace.

ianstone
09-11-2010, 01:54 PM
If it is not on AC then it does not exist, enjoy Buddy.

Jivaro
09-13-2010, 12:27 AM
When I first found this place I was floored and worried of being drummed right out of here, but it's nice to se a few places online where a civilized forum exists.

I did not know if you have a Q&A or request area I should be posting in. At the moment I am looking to learn more about the vehicle patrols which seek out IEDs - hopefully in the 2001-2004 timeline. Pre-Mastiffs I suppose (which I learned about on here, thanks).

I'm trying to get some information so I can finish my novel which has around six chapters to go. I want an authentic feel even though it's fiction. I made a promise to do the troops proud. Thanks again!

Hi there and welcome to Apacheclips, Thank you for your kind words, the community here is amazing.

feel free to ask questions and members should come forward and help you out, you have come to the right.

peace.