PDA

View Full Version : Movie making software

SAS_UK
09-06-2010, 01:19 PM
I would like to put together my own video clip for apacheclips. I was going to use windows movie maker however most of the videos i try importing are the wrong format so i give up using it.

Anybody know of other decent software i could use which is not too pricey to edit my videos?

Toki
09-06-2010, 02:53 PM
Windows movie maker work or iMovie for Mac.

SAS_UK
09-06-2010, 02:56 PM
Thanks. Im having trouble with windows movie maker as it wont accept mp4 when i try to import it. Im looking at avs at the moment, its free and accepts most formats, or so it says.

zfeet
09-24-2010, 03:33 PM
You can always try Videospin which is a free version of Pinnacle Studio.
I cannot post links yet but you can google it.

What are the CODEC supported with VideoSpin?

The following codecs can be used for import and edit:

Import

Video: (.avi, mpg, .mpeg, .mod, .mp2, .mp4, .wmv)

AVI (DV AVI)
MJPEG
MPEG-1
MPEG-2 (optional) MPEG-4 (optional)
DivX (optional)
WMV
MOV
3GP (optional)
Audio: (.Wav, .mp3, .mpa, .m4a, .wma, .AVI)

Dolby 2ch (optional)
MPEG-1 Layer 2
MP3 Audio
Export

Video:

AVI (DV AVI)
MJPEG
MPEG-1
MPEG-2 (optional)
MPEG-4 (optional)
DivX (optional)
WMVReal Media
MOV
3GP (optional)
Audio:

Dolby 2ch (optional)
MPEG-1 Layer 2
MP3 Audio
AAC (optional)

ErisKillton
09-30-2010, 12:13 AM
If you like WMM you might just look around for a free media format converter software program. There are alot of them out there for free. I have a Mac and I use something called flv converter. will take anything and convert it to anything. It rocks.

That way when you have a file format windows wont accept ypu can convert the file to one it will accept. There might be an addon in firefox that does that but Im not totally sure.

Wyvern
10-11-2010, 07:50 PM
Video Studio Pro X3 is powerful yet easy to use, and accepts most formats.
Or if you want something more powerful then i use Adobe premier CS4 and "after effects" - should you want to track someones face and black it out throughout the video say ; )

Feel free to drop me a mail and i'll tell you where i got it from should you not have the $'s they like you to pay.

They both allow you to drag any type of vid in and render it to another, say mp4 in, and .mov or mpeg etc... out.

I would like to put together my own video clip for apacheclips. I was going to use windows movie maker however most of the videos i try importing are the wrong format so i give up using it.

Anybody know of other decent software i could use which is not too pricey to edit my videos?

Jdubya
10-11-2010, 09:20 PM
Windows movie maker work or iMovie for Mac.

You know what file extensions iMovie takes cuz mine won't take any videos I have on my Mac.