PDA

View Full Version : taliban using mosque controversy to recruit

gazzthompson
08-31-2010, 04:24 PM
http://www.newsweek.com/2010/08/30/taliban-using-mosque-controversy-to-recruit.html

Really, though, all the people opposing this Mosque should be ashamed of themselves.
They talk about honoring the dead of 9/11 and the American soldiers who have been killed by Muslims in the Middle East...
Well, many thousands of American soldiers have died over the past 234 years to give Americans of all religious faiths the right to build their own houses of worship.
To deny one group this right would be to spit on the memory of everyone who fought to protect the United States and your First Amendment.

CrookedSmirk
08-31-2010, 05:00 PM
Okay, here's the thing, bro.

We're not opposed to Muslims practicing Islam in the USA, infact there are nearly 100 mosques in NYC.

....However, this mosque is unacceptable because it's supposed to be built near ground zero, the site where nearly 3,000 innocent Americans (including Muslims, mind you) died at the hands of RADICAL Islam.

I'm 100% tolerant of anybody worshipping any god/diety/snackbar they want here in the USA, but a mosque being built near ground zero? I disagree with that, simply because the attacks were caused by a radical faction of Islam.

You also have to remember that many people are still traumatized from 9/11, survivors and families alike. I don't think it's the right time or place for a mosque. Move it a mile away. That's just my opinion.

b__Rad
08-31-2010, 08:52 PM
http://www.newsweek.com/2010/08/30/taliban-using-mosque-controversy-to-recruit.html

Really, though, all the people opposing this Mosque should be ashamed of themselves.
They talk about honoring the dead of 9/11 and the American soldiers who have been killed by Muslims in the Middle East...
Well, many thousands of American soldiers have died over the past 234 years to give Americans of all religious faiths the right to build their own houses of worship.
To deny one group this right would be to spit on the memory of everyone who fought to protect the United States and your First Amendment.

Ashamed of ourselves?
You radical leftists should have your eyeballs poked with needles! Go blow yourself up Haji.
Do you think that the wars we're fighting now are for the freedom of speech/religion/oppression etc? No. we're trying to rid ourselves of a nuisance to society; radical islam. Not all muslims are terrorists but all terrorists are muslim...remember that.
We're fighting a RADICAL faction of a barbarians religion because they attacked us; and if you think I should be ashamed because I don't want their fucking mosque on Ground Zero, I'm easily found.
This isn't the first time Islam has done this same practice. Research it. They built a Mosque on top of jewish temple in Jerusalem. Constantinople for example was overtaken and is now what? -- Istanbul.

ianstone
08-31-2010, 09:34 PM
I respect your point of view but I can't agree. It a couple blocks away but even so it is like having children and having a paedophile two blocks away. It does not ring true to me.

FASoldier
08-31-2010, 09:36 PM
Let me ask you something. Do you live in NYC? I do...where you there when those planes hit? I was... You can worship whatever the hell you want, shit you can worship your own cock for all I care, but you have NO IDEA what its like to stop what your doing and gaze up at the sky when you hear a plane go by.. It is FACT the Islamic Religion (and I am not bashing if its true right?) says to claim the world under Islam and kill the ones who do not follow. These radicals take that to the heart. With that said..it is a HUGE mistake to place that Mosque there, if not for anything else because that day still is very vivid in our minds, I dont want to compare this but WHAT IF a bunch of Radical Muslim's blew up a place of worship or a school in your area, and another group of Muslim's said "well thats a tragedy lets build a Mosque as a memorial" how would you feel??...and to tell you the truth...non muslim's arent very welcomed in Mosque's because we are "not pure"

death2mooj
09-01-2010, 11:00 AM
Anyone heard about the plans on the building where 6 floors are unmentioned. Many believe that within those unneeded 6 floors they will put up a secret sharia law court system. There is info out there about it but you kinda gotta dig for it.

gazzthompson
09-01-2010, 04:36 PM
Ashamed of ourselves?
You radical leftists should have your eyeballs poked with needles! Go blow yourself up Haji.
Do you think that the wars we're fighting now are for the freedom of speech/religion/oppression etc? No. we're trying to rid ourselves of a nuisance to society; radical islam. Not all muslims are terrorists but all terrorists are muslim...remember that.
We're fighting a RADICAL faction of a barbarians religion because they attacked us; and if you think I should be ashamed because I don't want their fucking mosque on Ground Zero, I'm easily found.
This isn't the first time Islam has done this same practice. Research it. They built a Mosque on top of jewish temple in Jerusalem. Constantinople for example was overtaken and is now what? -- Istanbul.

That single line i highlighted voided any credibility you had.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Terrorism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_Terrorism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindu_terrorism

Anyone heard about the plans on the building where 6 floors are unmentioned. Many believe that within those unneeded 6 floors they will put up a secret sharia law court system. There is info out there about it but you kinda gotta dig for it.

I assume/hope thats sarcasm?

I respect your point of view but I can't agree. It a couple blocks away but even so it is like having children and having a paedophile two blocks away. It does not ring true to me.

I dont think this analogy is correct in anyway.

Islam dose not = 9/11! its like saying all Christians are KKK, it makes NO sense. So because of 19 muslims over a billion must take the blame when the vast numbers of them condemn these people. Sounds fair that? What happened to that whole "forgive those who trespass against us" thing that the majority of christians believe as the majority of people in the USA are christian?

In the hundreds of years of christian extremist attacks which have killed a great many people i have never once heard of a demand to stop a church being built(in the west shall we keep it too), "no true scotsman" fallacy goes into effect for any christian that isnt liked in a certain scenario most the time, "not a real christian" thus getting a clean "slate" allowing them to do as they wish and be damned the feelings of the victims, but muslims are not allowed this in turn, a little unfair in my opinion, how so? the vast majority of muslims generally condemn the extremists, in the decades of the catholic church spreading lies in africa about condoms and aids leaving millions to a horrific fate it has never been condemned by the largest christian denimination, why? Because god wills it and their religion says it must be so which is the same argument made by the extremist muslims and those against islam in general. 19 muslims kill a few thousand people and they are suddenly all evil and not allowed to build a community centre/mosque/culture centre, the masses of catholics stand idle and let the pope condemn millions of men women and children to a slow horrific death with nothing said about it or any large scale rage because its "accepted as their religion".

Mel
09-01-2010, 06:40 PM
I don't recall seeing any muslims,anywhere,condemning anything.All I saw was celebrating,and jumping up and down on the American flag.And before you start your christian this and christian that crap,I am not of any denomination.I gotta agree with b_Rad on this one.

b__Rad
09-01-2010, 06:52 PM
That single line i highlighted voided any credibility you had.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Terrorism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_Terrorism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindu_terrorism

I assume/hope thats sarcasm?

I dont think this analogy is correct in anyway.

Islam dose not = 9/11! its like saying all Christians are KKK, it makes NO sense. So because of 19 muslims over a billion must take the blame when the vast numbers of them condemn these people. Sounds fair that? What happened to that whole "forgive those who trespass against us" thing that the majority of christians believe as the majority of people in the USA are christian?

In the hundreds of years of christian extremist attacks which have killed a great many people i have never once heard of a demand to stop a church being built(in the west shall we keep it too), "no true scotsman" fallacy goes into effect for any christian that isnt liked in a certain scenario most the time, "not a real christian" thus getting a clean "slate" allowing them to do as they wish and be damned the feelings of the victims, but muslims are not allowed this in turn, a little unfair in my opinion, how so? the vast majority of muslims generally condemn the extremists, in the decades of the catholic church spreading lies in africa about condoms and aids leaving millions to a horrific fate it has never been condemned by the largest christian denimination, why? Because god wills it and their religion says it must be so which is the same argument made by the extremist muslims and those against islam in general. 19 muslims kill a few thousand people and they are suddenly all evil and not allowed to build a community centre/mosque/culture centre, the masses of catholics stand idle and let the pope condemn millions of men women and children to a slow horrific death with nothing said about it or any large scale rage because its "accepted as their religion".

Dude finding entries to "terms" on wiki is hardly a validation to your claims. Yet since you do believe in those definitions tell me where the Christian, Jewish, Hindu terrorists are setting IEDs, carrying out suicide bombings, hi-jacking planes, and fighting a WAR against the USA and most importantly against evolved humanity in general.

PS: If you can find an answer to this on wiki I'm pretty sure you could safely assume wiki is full of shit at least 1/2 the time.

furthermore my points were still valid about how the muzzies like to put mosques where they've achieved a victory...and I'm pretty damn sure that if a mosque is put on ground zero then like germany and france we too will be invaded by the muzzies but unlike germany and france I'm pretty sure we americans that exercise our 2nd ammendment rights would begin a revolution wherein we'd take our country back and more than likely not let such a thing happen in the future if it indeed does come to that...

You know something even scarier than being invaded by the extremists? We might not even have to worry about being invaded considering fact that Pakistan is almost a failed state of gov't with more than 50 nuclear weapons. The world will be F*ckn toast when those idiots get access to those warheads. It's all Pakistan's own fault though for allowing their tribal areas to flourish as a safe haven for these barbarians......yet in the end it's all of US that will pay the price and that includes you gazzthompson. If you support such behavior I suggest you go to Afghanistan pick up an AK47 and find our Military and scream Allah Akbar (for old time sakes) and maybe our military could help you get those 72 virgins a little sooner than your natural death would occur by just sitting at home trolling a patriotic website. It's strange that people like you support this non-sense when in fact all of humanity should help put an end to this jihadi bullshit once and for all. Afterall, you are in America (I assume) where you're not oppressed and where you can come on a website and speak freely about being in full agreeance with our opposition to place a mosque on ground zero. Do you think you could enjoy that same freedom in Afghanistan? Do you think you could log online give your name and whereabouts freely and state you wanted a Christian Church in Helmand Province without being attacked? Absolutely not, so why are you here disagreeing? Does it not make more sense to have the freedom to speak and worship freely whether you're a muslim or not? Even if I was Muslim I'm quite certain I'd rather be in a place where I had the FREEDOM to be Muslim rather than not have that freedom.

I also want to reiterate to anyone reading this so that there be no mistake in what I've stated.--
I believe 100% that people anywhere in the world should be able to speak freely as well as worship whatever God or Diety they wish but to try and kill those that oppose or do not agree with them is completely unacceptable and those that insist on causing harm in the name of a religion should be exterminated immediately.

gazzthompson
09-02-2010, 01:41 PM
1 Dude finding entries to "terms" on wiki is hardly a validation to your claims. Yet since you do believe in those definitions tell me where the Christian, Jewish, Hindu terrorists are setting IEDs, carrying out suicide bombings, hi-jacking planes, and fighting a WAR against the USA and most importantly against evolved humanity in general.

PS: If you can find an answer to this on wiki I'm pretty sure you could safely assume wiki is full of shit at least 1/2 the time.

2 furthermore my points were still valid about how the muzzies like to put mosques where they've achieved a victory...and I'm pretty damn sure that if a mosque is put on ground zero then like germany and france we too will be invaded by the muzzies but unlike germany and france I'm pretty sure we americans that exercise our 2nd ammendment rights would begin a revolution wherein we'd take our country back and more than likely not let such a thing happen in the future if it indeed does come to that...

3.You know something even scarier than being invaded by the extremists? We might not even have to worry about being invaded considering fact that Pakistan is almost a failed state of gov't with more than 50 nuclear weapons. The world will be F*ckn toast when those idiots get access to those warheads. It's all Pakistan's own fault though for allowing their tribal areas to flourish as a safe haven for these barbarians......yet in the end it's all of US that will pay the price and that includes you gazzthompson. If you support such behavior I suggest you go to Afghanistan pick up an AK47 and find our Military and scream Allah Akbar (for old time sakes) and maybe our military could help you get those 72 virgins a little sooner than your natural death would occur by just sitting at home trolling a patriotic website. It's strange that people like you support this non-sense when in fact all of humanity should help put an end to this jihadi bullshit once and for all. Afterall, you are in America (I assume) where you're not oppressed and where you can come on a website and speak freely about being in full agreeance with our opposition to place a mosque on ground zero. Do you think you could enjoy that same freedom in Afghanistan? Do you think you could log online give your name and whereabouts freely and state you wanted a Christian Church in Helmand Province without being attacked? Absolutely not, so why are you here disagreeing? Does it not make more sense to have the freedom to speak and worship freely whether you're a muslim or not? Even if I was Muslim I'm quite certain I'd rather be in a place where I had the FREEDOM to be Muslim rather than not have that freedom.

I also want to reiterate to anyone reading this so that there be no mistake in what I've stated.--
I believe 100% that people anywhere in the world should be able to speak freely as well as worship whatever God or Diety they wish but to try and kill those that oppose or do not agree with them is completely unacceptable and those that insist on causing harm in the name of a religion should be exterminated immediately.

1.The US is not at war with islam. My point with the wiki links are your comment of "all terrorists are Muslim" is so incorrect its crazy, i also find it hard to take your comments seriously after reading that,

2. This may/may have been correct, but they also like to build them of other reasons (its a community center, it has many roles not just a "mosque)

3. I see this post to be quite irrelevant? obviously i dont "support such behavior" and have no interest in taking up arms in afghanistan (im pro war btw). you then go onto talk about freedom which is hugely ironic as not allowing this community center to be build is against basic freedoms (and law).

And yes, people causing harm in the name of a religion should be exterminated immediately.

death2mooj
09-02-2010, 01:52 PM
http://bigpeace.com/cbrim/2010/08/17/ground-zero-mosques-hidden-websites-follow-the-shariah/

gazzthompson
09-02-2010, 05:02 PM
http://bigpeace.com/cbrim/2010/08/17/ground-zero-mosques-hidden-websites-follow-the-shariah/

"How many floors does Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf need for the mosque portion of this triumphal Islamic command center "

First of all it calls the CC a "Islamist Command center" which right off the bat implies how biased this article is, secondly this is one of the worst conspiracy theories I have ever seen.

b__Rad
09-02-2010, 05:20 PM
"How many floors does Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf need for the mosque portion of this triumphal Islamic command center "

First of all it calls the CC a "Islamist Command center" which right off the bat implies how biased this article is, secondly this is one of the worst conspiracy theories I have ever seen.

I don't think myself nor anyone else on the boards here deny that they have the right to build a mosque anywhere they like. The question is how appropriate it is to place a mosque where extremists of that religion attacked america.

death2mooj
09-03-2010, 01:27 AM

Your not going to win anyone over here. Nobody is on your side, your just going unnoticed and wasting your time.

gazzthompson
09-03-2010, 05:38 AM
Your not going to win anyone over here. Nobody is on your side, your just going unnoticed and wasting your time.

I dont care. i enjoy a debate, some like 'b__Rad' respond in a meaningful way worthy of discussion.

I don't think myself nor anyone else on the boards here deny that they have the right to build a mosque anywhere they like. The question is how appropriate it is to place a mosque where extremists of that religion attacked america.

So the acts of a minority effect the majority? so all Christians are KKK? A respected man who has been sent by 2 presidents to the middle east with a track record of tring to bridge the gap between the west and islam decides to build a community centre to build a block between the extremists and normal muslims to bring peace and stop another 9/11 type ordeal. He names it Cordoba because Cordoba was a place of great peaceful advancement and symbol of all living peacefully to him. Backlash against president for being for the building as it says its allowed in law and islam is portrayed as a monolith of intolerance and bigotry with no "civilisation".

Islam is not a monolith and there ARE variations. To ignore this is ignorant, it would be like blaming all christians for something the pope does such as the whole "condoms and aids" thing in africa which kills millions.

b__Rad
09-03-2010, 07:25 AM
I don't know how I can be more blunt about this topic. The bottom line is that I don't have a problem if they build a Mosque elsewhere in America in fact there are many right here in the USA of which have never garnered one word of opposition from me. Now I'll go slow here just for you...Gazz....Being - that - I - don't - have a problem with any other mosque in America would clearly indicate that my dislike and concern for the project is more than valid, and anyone with HALF a brain would be of agreeance. Building a mosque somewhere else besides ground zero isn't too much to ask; and if that can't be respected then obviously it verifies the intentions/motives of those who insist it be built there.

Here's some food for thought Gazz. There was a well spoken radio excerpt in regards to the Muslim takeover of France wherein a former Muslim (who migrated to France) said; "Islam has no place in Modern Western Societies." He warned that if "we" Americans allow our homeland to become Muslim we're being a dis-service to mankind much like France, Londonistan, and Canadistan etc. I don't know about you but I don't want an admitted pedophile to be the main focus of my child's religious teachings.

End of discussion; but I'll add that if it's indeed built on ground zero I will personally visit one Friday evening whilst traffic is blocked due to prayer and take a piss on as many heads as I can before I'm escorted to Rikers Island.

gazzthompson
09-03-2010, 09:58 AM
i fully understand you don't oppose mosques being build elsewhere, As for :

"Building a mosque somewhere else besides ground zero isn't too much to ask; and if that can't be respected then obviously it verifies the intentions/motives of those who insist it be built there."

Think about the flip side, letting a community centre being built isnt to much to ask considering its perfectly legal, and if that can't be respected then obviously it verifies the intentions/motives of those who insist it not be built there.

I dont want any religious beliefs around my child but thats for another thread :P

I guess we shall agree to disagree then , but ill end with this quote as i feel it appropriate

"I may not agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

You may disagree with this community centre , but you should be defending its right to be build as a basic fundamental foundation of your country, freedom.

Hoglover
09-03-2010, 05:32 PM
Go fuck yourself Gazz,

laxaddict992
09-03-2010, 08:24 PM
hey Zabihullah fuck face. The more mosques we oppose the more jihads we will get? Well the more jihads we get the more piles of dead rotting taliban fighters YOU will get. Suck my infidel dick

perocity
09-03-2010, 09:23 PM
This is so much bull shit! Some would like to make this about religion? knowing our tolerance, our law. But with their other hand they saw your head off? If you do not subscribe to their religion? Fuck those people! There is no room on the planet let alone any were near ground zero.

gazzthompson
09-04-2010, 11:32 AM
Go fuck yourself Gazz,

Thanks for the constructive post, reported.

Scott
09-04-2010, 11:38 AM
Go fuck yourself Gazz,

Hoglover comments like that are not needed in this thread, can't keep to the topic on hand then do not comment, its simple, may i ask you all to calm down alittle and keep this on topic at all times.

Thank you.