PDA

View Full Version : Passing motorists pepper spray Westboro protesters at funeral

bobdina
08-30-2010, 10:47 AM
Pepper Spray Used During Westboro Protest
August 30, 2010
UPI

Sixteen protesters at a military funeral in Omaha were doused with pepper spray from passing motorists, police said.

The funeral for Marine Staff Sgt. Michael Bock, killed in Afghanistan, included about 600 members of the Patriot Guard Riders, who protectively ringed the church, and members of the Westboro Baptist Church, who say that military deaths are a sign that God disapproves of homosexuality.

Members of the church attended the funeral, holding up signs that say, "Thank God for Dead Soldiers," and "AIDS Cures Fags," CNN reported Sunday.

Police arrested George Vogel on 16 counts of misdemeanor assault and one count of child neglect. Allegedly, Vogel's child was in the truck when he drove past the funeral and extended his arm to spray the protesters.

"Initial indications are he was probably targeting [members of] the Westboro Baptist Church," said Omaha Police Department spokesman Michael Pecha.

There were conflicting reports on the interaction between the Patriot Guard Riders, the church group, and counter-protesters, who also showed up.

"We don't get close to them. We have our backs to them," said Scott Knudsen, one of the Patriot Guard Riders.

But church group member Shirley Phelps-Roper said several Patriot Guard Riders joined the counter-protesters, who had "jostled" members of the church, the newspaper said.

MickDonalds
08-30-2010, 10:55 AM
I'm telling you, one of these days, these protestors are going to be IED'd. It'll happen.

And i will praise whomever has the sack to do it.

death2mooj
08-30-2010, 01:21 PM
Someone just needs to light up that crowd of protesters, flamethrower those sacks of shit

windexglow
08-31-2010, 06:03 PM
Live near Omaha, story is the driver was a Vietnam veteran with stress disorder - misjudged who the group of people were (thought they were the Westboro) and sprayed them, several had to go to the hospital.

Malice
09-01-2010, 07:40 AM
I would gladly supply anyone with pepper spray if they are willing to do a drive by of those dumb ass protesters.
The irony is that they have the ability to protest because of those "dead soldiers".

theshoebox
09-01-2010, 09:46 AM
I cannot stand this group, this shows how low people can sink, they're turds reincarnated.
Manipulation at it's best.

Toki
09-01-2010, 10:21 AM
I can't wait for a PTSD soldier to go ape shit on these people.