PDA

View Full Version : Young sniper returns home injured from an IED, only to be disowned by family.

dowgreyme
08-29-2010, 12:50 PM
This is a very true story, but I don't have any more detailed fact as of yet:

A young British sniper returns home injured from an IED explosion three weeks ago, only to be expelled from home.

My girlfriend has a bisexual male best friend since she was very young, he is a very nice young man and is one of the most popular people in his village. However he likes to date men, no one has a problem with this as its his private life and is private about it. He met this injured solider and has taken him under his wing ever since hearing his story.

A British sniper returned from Afghanistan injured by an IED three weeks ago is now in crutches till he is able to walk on his own again, I am not sure on more details at the moment. He has only just turned 23 years, as he joined the army at 18 and lives with his mother and step father. He is a totally normal nice guy, but you could say he is dim-but-nice, hes not very bright. On his tour of Afghanistan, he realises his feelings towards a fellow soldier isn't normal. And this is when he realises he is homosexual. This is kept a secret between him and this other gay soldier as you can imagine, he could have a rough time if people found out.

2 weeks after returning home injured, he is welcomed home, a hero's welcome from his friends and family. He breaks the news to his parents saying he is now a homosexual. All I know of him now, is that he was kicked out of his home, disowned, now homeless, still injured.

I find this very saddening that this has happened to one of our heroes. Personally I don't mind what his sexual orientation is, as being gay doesnt define him unlike a drag. It never affected his military performance, the only real change was when people found out. Feel free to comment, I would like to hear what others feel about this.

gazzthompson
08-29-2010, 01:14 PM
this isnt really the website to be posting about gays in the military....

ianstone
08-29-2010, 01:50 PM
A hate of his sexuality is wrong, he is that hero and deserves the love and support of his family.
Shame on them is his sexuality is the cause of there intransigence.