PDA

View Full Version : Reserves etc?

Cruelbreed
12-14-2008, 10:09 PM
This might be the dumbest question ever. But what does someone who doesn't have time to be full military do? Reserves? Is there an any program to be enlisted in that will teach you marksmanship and the basic tools in the event of a war. I'd like to do something to gain experience in the field incase of a potential future conflict. I'm currently a full time student, and i'll be starting a business relatively soon so full time is more than likely out of the question.

Scott
12-14-2008, 10:12 PM
very good question & interesting, no doubt there will be a world war conflict in the future, with all this going on, would definatly help USA & UK if thousands had marksmanship skills & the tools for in the war, would be beneficial, i dont htink there is such a programme but i may be wrong, i hav'nt heard of one.

Cruelbreed
12-14-2008, 10:19 PM
I just feel it'd be very helpful to have a program similar to Israel where those around 18 years get some kind of combat training. Couldn't hurt if a large amount of the population at least knew how to shoot :)

Scott
12-15-2008, 11:59 AM
exactly, wouldnt mean they would shoot or kill some1 let alone go in combat, just means JUST incase a world conflict happens & our country needs us we are there & qualified for combat!

AlvinVu
12-15-2008, 11:41 PM
Army National Guard, Army Reserves, Navy Reserve, Air Guard, Marine Reserve (Not sure on this one.) and etc.

In the Army reserves, you will go to basic training and ait etc etc.
Come back to where you live and participate in drills 1weekend everyone month with your unit.

Going to basic pretty much covers you and gets marksmenship and basic tools in event of a war.
When you and your unit goes to the range, you can hone your marksmenship skills
OR
purchase a weapon of your choice or getting one similar to the army issue m16a4 or m4a4 and head down to the civilian range.

In event of war did happen on our soil or else where that endangers our country, we'll be their to protect and serve the people of this nation.