PDA

View Full Version : Corruption at the VERY top, it is sickening !

ianstone
08-26-2010, 06:33 PM
SWEARING MPS BRAND EXPENSES STAFF ‘MONKEYS’

http://images.dailyexpress.co.uk/img/dynamic/1/285x214/195536_1.jpg

Several members of staff were reported to be left in tears

Thursday August 26,2010

By Macer Hall

ANGRY MPs subjected staff at Westminster’s new expenses watchdog to a string of astonishing foul-mouthed tirades, it was revealed last night.

Workers were repeatedly sworn at and branded “idiots” and “monkeys” in furious outbursts against the overhauled claims system for taxpayer-funded House of Commons allowances.
SHOULD BULLYING MPS LOSE THEIR EXPENSES?...HAVE YOUR SAY HERE (http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/195628/DEBATE-Should-bullying-MPs-lose-all-their-expenses-)

One MP shouted at staff: “this system is a ******* abortion” while another said: “I am going to murder someone today.”
Several members of staff were reported to be left in tears by MPs’ “intimidating” and “bullying” behaviour.
Details of 10 of the worst incidents were revealed yesterday in a document released by the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority following a Freedom of Information request.
The clashes followed widespread unhappiness among MPs about the new authority, which was set up in the wake of the huge scandal over abuses of Parliamentary expenses last year.
The names of MPs guilty of shouting or threatening at IPSA staff were blanked out of the document.
According to the report, one MP abused an IPSA worker during a chance meeting in a Commons lift.
It quotes the worker as saying: “Asked how he was getting on with the authority, the reply was: ‘awful’. I offered help. He declined and said: ‘you’re all ******* idiots.” In another incident, an MP responded with “ridicule and derision” when told of the basic principles of the new expenses system.
http://images.dailyexpress.co.uk/img/dynamic/sections/searchbox/1.gif SEARCH UK NEWS for:

A staff member wrote: “At several times during the session, he exclaimed: ‘This system is a ******* abortion, which I found deeply inappropriate and offensive. His staff laughed and agreed.”
The MP also allegedly claimed that the new system would “make the only people who want to be MPs rich people and losers.” The MP was reported to have added: “I don’t have a constituency office, but I might get one now to spend the budget because I am ****** off.”
He told a bystander: “I’m doing my ******** expenses; it’s ******* ****.”
Another MP threw a sheet of paper at an IPSA official during an induction session.
The report said: “In addition to raising his voice, his body language and physical behaviour was unacceptable.
“He struck the laptop on the facilitator’s desk and loomed over the facilitator in an intimidating manner.” One MP was said to have been “loud and disruptive” at the reception desk. He then “walked off on a staff member in the middle of her explanation, branding all the trainers and staff monkeys.”
A female MP was described as “rude, abrupt, disparaging” and was said to have told staff: “I don’t do administration.”
She was said to have “used the word **** and other violent language, eg: I am going to murder someone today.”
Ex-Labour Europe minister Denis MacShane last night admitted being one of the MPs involved but disputed the authority’s version of events.
He was said to have reduced one intern to tears though he later returned with a box of chocolates.
Likening the process to communist-era secret police, he said yesterday: “It’s crazy that Cabinet ministers and every MP should have to go through this Stasi operation and we still can’t get money to buy our stationery.”