PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty/ Battlefield Bad Company 2

kurgen
08-20-2010, 03:03 PM
Does anyone on here Play Call of Duty 4 Modern warfare or Battlefield Bad Company 2.
I play both on PC and am a member of XTG (Xtreme Tactical Group) we play Both games using tactics. and we have scrims and competitions against other Clans or Groups.
I was just wondering if Apache-clips had any gamers that enjoy the above mentioned games or maybe you play another game. why not tell us about if and what you like about it.
I Like call of Duty 4, the maps are very cool but the only thing I do not like about it is that it is a Run and Gun game and to me that makes no sense. Because if you ran around like that in real life in battle you would die very very fast and there is no Re-spawning or Coming back.
I like Battlefield Bad Company 2 because the Maps are very big and the game is NOT a run and gun game. it is very much more tactical then COD4 but you still have the N00b that tries to run and gun and as in real life it does not go well on BFBC2. Also I like to team up with friends that play as I do (TACTICALLY) we use communication to point out enemy positions as well as locations we are taking fire from and we Own Noobs all the time.
I play on this PC here are my specs
Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit
2 x 1TB Hard Disc's = 2TB
22" Insignia 1080i HDTV/ Monitor
8Gb's DDR2 RAM
FxF Radeon HD 5770 1Gb DDR5

Toki
08-20-2010, 03:18 PM
1. Buy ArmA 2, Operation Arrowhead, and the upcoming British Armed Forces expansion.

2. Enjoy.

kurgen
08-20-2010, 03:39 PM
ArmA I have never heard of it I will go to youtube and check it out thanks

Toki
08-20-2010, 03:56 PM
ArmA I have never heard of it I will go to youtube and check it out thanks

Best milsim ever made.

Devious187
08-20-2010, 04:40 PM
I play both COD4 & BC2 (mostly BC2) to get my fix of shooting at people. Soon i will be re-joining the CAF (Canadian Armed Forces),most likely when the Chinese declare war with North America.

Heinrich
08-20-2010, 05:04 PM
1. Buy ArmA 2, Operation Arrowhead, and the upcoming British Armed Forces expansion.

2. Enjoy.

Agreed. Much better community too.

CrookedSmirk
08-20-2010, 05:04 PM
I play Call of Duty 4 on PC sometimes, but not nearly as much as I play Battlefield Bad Company 2.

I can't stand the sequel to CoD4 -- MW2 -- because of all the 12 year olds that play it and think they know things about real firearms and combat. Mind you no videogame can come close to matching real life but ArmA 2 is the most realistic thing you can get nowadays.

I mostly play Assault/Engineer on BC2.

cunny_funt
08-20-2010, 06:54 PM
i'm playing Project Reality which is a mod of BF2, it's a good game and it's not to hard to learn, if anyone is playing it here in Europe then please do PM me, i know of 2 AC members who already play but it would be nice to have a active AC community playing it

perocity
08-20-2010, 10:15 PM
I'm on BF2 as perocity,but mostly I play Half life 2 Zombie server here: http://www.phoneburnia.com/index.php?f=103
I rule as flyingfish.

death2mooj
08-20-2010, 10:29 PM
Arma 2 and the expansion for it Operation Arrowhead.........nearly everything in arma can be modded, it has a steep learning curve but if your into tactical play you can't beat it.

Get used to being shot from unknown locations by unknown weapons

DK18
08-21-2010, 03:33 AM
Does anyone on here Play Call of Duty 4 Modern warfare or Battlefield Bad Company 2.
I play both on PC and am a member of XTG (Xtreme Tactical Group) we play Both games using tactics. and we have scrims and competitions against other Clans or Groups.
I was just wondering if Apache-clips had any gamers that enjoy the above mentioned games or maybe you play another game. why not tell us about if and what you like about it.
I Like call of Duty 4, the maps are very cool but the only thing I do not like about it is that it is a Run and Gun game and to me that makes no sense. Because if you ran around like that in real life in battle you would die very very fast and there is no Re-spawning or Coming back.
I like Battlefield Bad Company 2 because the Maps are very big and the game is NOT a run and gun game. it is very much more tactical then COD4 but you still have the N00b that tries to run and gun and as in real life it does not go well on BFBC2. Also I like to team up with friends that play as I do (TACTICALLY) we use communication to point out enemy positions as well as locations we are taking fire from and we Own Noobs all the time.
I play on this PC here are my specs
Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit
2 x 1TB Hard Disc's = 2TB
22" Insignia 1080i HDTV/ Monitor
8Gb's DDR2 RAM
FxF Radeon HD 5770 1Gb DDR5

Yea i actually play cod4 aswell im in a clan called Murder Inc. most of our clan members moved on from that game so i play in rwcs server
but i mostly spend my timeplaying Arma 2 OA. best game IMHO

Scott
08-21-2010, 04:57 AM
Hmm, Gaming is in my blood.

Started out 8-9 Years ago now.

Played Battlefield2 since the day it came out iv'e got over 3k Hours on the game, i Retired from Battlefield2 around 6-7 months ago(for good this time)

Started out with Bad Company on the PS3, played it loved it, then i brought Bad Company2 for the PS3 and PC, yes i love it that much i had to have it for both.

I would say im a veteran on Project Reality, i use to fly alot on the UK Warfare Server as a Huey Pilot, man i loved it! .... markoxx has recently got me back into it, but then i realised they all take the game far to serious, they moan at you if you go the wrong way( lol )

I have played Arma for around 5-6 months, but never actually got the feel or the time to play it enough.

right now im deeply in love with Aviation ( Commercial Flying and Military ) , i have been in over 160 clans in my gaming years, and have run quite a few myself, i use to play MMO to called World in Conflict.

My other hobby is Racing Games, i love GRID!, smashing game :)

my biggest Hobby of all is apacheclips :)

veco411
08-21-2010, 10:54 AM
I've been playing bbc2 since it was out and BC before that ..COD is run around spray and pray.trying to gain good tactics and comms with other players then you get knifed in the back ...i see no fun in this .

but if there are some hardcore BBC2 players out there add me up xbox live..

SubSoldieR54

b__Rad
08-21-2010, 11:45 AM
I play COD titles and have played some BBC2 but the pace is too slow for me. I don't spray and pray for the most part on COD titles yet I don't like the camping/sniping that takes place even in MW2.