PDA

View Full Version : F35 Inferior to Russian & Chinese planes?

Woodbutcher824
12-11-2008, 05:40 PM
A sensitive report prepared in the US by Rand Corporation says Australia's biggest defence purchase, the joint strike fighter will be inferior to Russian and Chinese rivals.

http://shock.military.com/Shock/videos.do?displayContent=180878&page=1

Cruelbreed
12-11-2008, 07:42 PM
There's no way, what russian and chinese fighters? Chinese fighters, wtf lol? j-10... nuh uh. Su-30?

Woodbutcher824
12-11-2008, 07:46 PM
There's no way, what russian and chinese fighters? Chinese fighters, wtf lol? j-10... nuh uh. Su-30?

Did you see the video?

Don't you know, the number crunchers and bean counters are never wrong.:nono:

I agree with you Tavarez, the only way would be radar technology stolen by the Chinese.:freakout:

Cruelbreed
12-11-2008, 08:14 PM
I mean i'm not trying to knock on anyones opinion. nor am i an expert in the field, but it's just a ludicrous thought.

The chinese will get what's coming to them, i know i may sound like a racist.. but they have it coming good.

I'm tired of the imitation of the theft, and i'm praying our security keeps improving. at the same time i just feel there aerospace tech is lightyears away. They don't even produce their own domestic engines, their space systems are primarily modified Russian technology.

I appreciate these kind of videos for one reason. They inspire us and force us to understand and retaliate to the competition. The thought of not having air superiority will force us to further improve in so many ways. At the same time, i'm still curious to see what technology we have that's not even declassified.

At the very same time, the australians are a great ally and they DESERVE a competitive figther. If the F-35 has let downs, they need to be corrected because they're not acceptable.

I say keep constructing those unmanned aerial vehicles, can't wait to see a UAV airforce of jet fighters that help protect our carriers etc :) I'm a fan of futuristic tech :)

Woodbutcher824
12-11-2008, 08:25 PM
I mean i'm not trying to knock on anyones opinion. nor am i an expert in the field, but it's just a ludicrous thought.

The chinese will get what's coming to them, i know i may sound like a racist.. but they have it coming good.

I'm tired of the imitation of the theft, and i'm praying our security keeps improving. at the same time i just feel there aerospace tech is lightyears away. They don't even produce their own domestic engines, their space systems are primarily modified Russian technology.

I appreciate these kind of videos for one reason. They inspire us and force us to understand and retaliate to the competition. The thought of not having air superiority will force us to further improve in so many ways. At the same time, i'm still curious to see what technology we have that's not even declassified.

At the very same time, the australians are a great ally and they DESERVE a competitive figther. If the F-35 has let downs, they need to be corrected because they're not acceptable.

I say keep constructing those unmanned aerial vehicles, can't wait to see a UAV airforce of jet fighters that help protect our carriers etc :) I'm a fan of futuristic tech :)

You mean like this??:D

http://shock.military.com/Shock/videos.do?displayContent=180877&page=1

Cruelbreed
12-11-2008, 08:39 PM
Watched the video and the same common argument came up as i've read previously. That the f-22 and f-35 are inferior in dog fights and in visual range, my question is if this were true why would two modern fighters be conducting dog fights or visual range fights anyway? I still also don't believe that the f-22 and f-35 will be inferior close range, I think it sounds ridiculous especially with all weapons not on the exterior of both aircraft.

I'm also atonished by all this anti-american techology. It seems the general trend of thought now a days is that everything american is inferior. You hear stories of chinese subs reamerging right next to american aircraft carriers, american top aircraft losing battles in every war game. Blah blah blah, it just doesn't make sense to me.

Cruelbreed
12-11-2008, 08:45 PM
You mean like this??:D

http://shock.military.com/Shock/videos.do?displayContent=180877&page=1

Yes that is so BADASS it's not even funny.

---------------------------------------

I honestly don't get all this anti-american tech bullshit.

This is what I get from the comparison of russian aircraft versus american f-35/f-22. Russian aircraft can dance better while american aircraft can shoot better. A question of aerobatics vs. lethality, which is better?

hey i've always been a performance nut too, but something about being fast, aerodynamic, and stealthy with big long-range fire power rings MURDER to me over an aircraft that's agile close up. I guess this subject requires research on all our parts. Saddening are our current times though, where the majority of people tend to automatically agree that EVERYTHING american is crumbling and inferior, that EVERY aspect even our military might is dwindling. I for one will not stand with that horseshit, I say improve where we are weak and keep growing in strength while the rest of the world talks shit and thinks they're going in the right direction.

what also makes NO FUCKING SENSE is this.

Russian aircraft are readily available all over the world, Su-30+ can all be obtained by the united states one way or another and I EXPECT THEY HAVE BEEN. Real world Data on russian aircraft is all available, none of this is readily available on the f-22 or f-35. Are we so fucking stupid that a Chinese jet - J10 based off the LAVI (israeli designed - U.S. funded) aircraft is superior to our aircraft? Are we so fucking stupid, that lockheed martin the producer of so many OUTStANDING AIRCRAFT has not done its f-35 research?

The good news, the F-35 is still in development. All this criticism will SURELY be addressed, the question is at what price? Hopefully american ingenuity proves to create the superior fighter once again.

http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/The-F-35s-Air-to-Air-Capability-Controversy-05089/ (good resource)

Woodbutcher824
12-11-2008, 09:09 PM
Watched the video and the same common argument came up as i've read previously. That the f-22 and f-35 are inferior in dog fights and in visual range, my question is if this were true why would two modern fighters be conducting dog fights or visual range fights anyway? I still also don't believe that the f-22 and f-35 will be inferior close range, I think it sounds ridiculous especially with all weapons not on the exterior of both aircraft.

I'm also atonished by all this anti-american techology. It seems the general trend of thought now a days is that everything american is inferior. You hear stories of chinese subs reamerging right next to american aircraft carriers, american top aircraft losing battles in every war game. Blah blah blah, it just doesn't make sense to me.

I think, that they just don't take stealth technology serious. The US is constantly upgrading stealth, when you upgrade something top secret you don't go blabbing to the media.

Woodbutcher824
12-11-2008, 09:14 PM
http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/The-F-35s-Air-to-Air-Capability-Controversy-05089/ (good resource)

Thanks for this site, never seen this one before.:thumbup: