PDA

View Full Version : PTSD, probable cause.

b__Rad
08-16-2010, 03:53 PM
HIPPO — Michael Nolan Slone, the suspect in a double shooting that occurred in Middle Creek on Saturday, was taken into custody by officers with the Kentucky State Police on Wednesday night in Hippo.

Slone, 24, was arraigned in Floyd District Court Thursday morning on two counts of attempted murder, burglary and harassing communications.

Slone allegedly shot Jessica Nelson and Lee Sammons on Saturday, Aug. 7, at a home in Middle Creek. Nelson was shot once in the leg and Sammons was shot in the leg, abdomen and groin. Nelson was treated and released from the hospital and Sammons remains in stable condition.

Before Slone was located and placed under arrest, police were stationed at Prestonsburg Elementary on Wednesday because some family members feared for the safety of their children. Also, the Social Security office in Prestonsburg, where Slone was once employed, kept its doors closed until Thursday due to alleged threats made by Slone.

According to Floyd County Sheriff John K Blackburn, the search for Slone included 11 deputies on Wednesday night.

“They were out all day and combed the hills behind the home where the shooting took place,” Blackburn said. “When the Kentucky State Police located him, he was just about two miles from that location.”

U.S. marshals also joined deputies and officers with the Kentucky State Police during the search.

Kentucky State Police Cpt. Jeff Mayberry, Sgt. Randy McCarty, Tpr. Bo Cure and Tpr. Cassandra Mullins located Slone as he walked between two vacant residences near Route 850 in Hippo. According to information provided by the Kentucky State Police, Slone was arrested without incident and treated at the scene for potential dehydration. After the arrest, officers located a variety of weapons near the scene.

Slone was transported to the Floyd County Detention Center, where he remains on a $1 million cash bond.

Read more: Floyd County Times (KY) - Police arrest double shooting suspect

This happened in my town the other day.

He had done several tours in iraq and afghanistan supposedly special forces. I can't verify this though I'm sure someone with more knowledge of service verification on the site can.

What the article doesn't cite is the fact that the girl he was with -- had been cheating on him WITH a registered child molestor. But at the same time he also met her whilst she was cheating on her husband. SO, typical of girls after break ups (at least typical of them from my area) she started slandering him via social networking sites and accusing him of sending naked pictures to a 12 year old....which she claimed were naked pictures of her and that 12 year old being her son. Her son -- THOUGH held a grudge against the defendant due to the defendant being the reason his mother and father got divorced. Next we have printed fliers of the chick naked apparently dropped different places around our region and this photo was posted. (top of defendants facebook wall) *couldn't post URL not enough posts from me* ***note the pic says it's not sweat on her face *uhoh facial*
This was a tragedy, I'm not prithee to all the details but apparently he said he'd taken all he could from being threatened by her new BF, and also laughs about his mother of whom was deceased that he lost it. He then entered her home shot her in the leg with his AR and shot the child molestor in the "groin" as a sort of vigilante justice which IMO was well deserved and so on....

ianstone
08-16-2010, 06:19 PM
Wow thats is one hell of a story, a shot in the groin sounds fair to me.
Two, one in each kneecap should have followed.
Interesting story, thank you.

b__Rad
08-16-2010, 09:12 PM
He actually did shoot him 3 times Ian, weirdly enough you're correct :))
1 groin 1 stomach 1 leg, and shot his ex gf in the leg....
After fleeing the scene the guy he shot, and the girls father opened up fire, and he took several rounds but due to his body armor he wasn't fased by them. He was a Marksman as well, so he shot them where he wanted to shoot them it wasn't exactly attempted murder imo

leesammons
02-28-2011, 04:38 PM
Seems like you were a witness to these events since you have so much "detailed" info? Or maybe that's the story you got from him while he was in "hiding" ??? In either case... Actually, it was 4 shots I took, but just like everything else you posted, once again inaccurate. Oh, and the part about her father opening up fire...lol...i don't think so...the coward who opened fire on 2 defenseless people had already ran off to hide in the woods once daddy arrived...that "marksman" as you put it...haha... barely grazed my leg with 5 shots from point blank range...

leesammons
02-28-2011, 04:43 PM
Wow thats is one hell of a story, a shot in the groin sounds fair to me.
Two, one in each kneecap should have followed.
Interesting story, thank you.
If you knew the "facts" and have any common sense about you, then I'm sure that this wouldn't seem fair to you...breaking into a home and unloading on 2 unarmed, innocent people is the farthest thing from fair....B_Rad has included MANY innacuracies in his post...more than likely B_Rad is a family member/friend of the shooter ....

leesammons
02-28-2011, 04:54 PM
HIPPO — Michael Nolan Slone, the suspect in a double shooting that occurred in Middle Creek on Saturday, was taken into custody by officers with the Kentucky State Police on Wednesday night in Hippo.

Slone, 24, was arraigned in Floyd District Court Thursday morning on two counts of attempted murder, burglary and harassing communications.

Slone allegedly shot Jessica Nelson and Lee Sammons on Saturday, Aug. 7, at a home in Middle Creek. Nelson was shot once in the leg and Sammons was shot in the leg, abdomen and groin. Nelson was treated and released from the hospital and Sammons remains in stable condition.

Before Slone was located and placed under arrest, police were stationed at Prestonsburg Elementary on Wednesday because some family members feared for the safety of their children. Also, the Social Security office in Prestonsburg, where Slone was once employed, kept its doors closed until Thursday due to alleged threats made by Slone.

According to Floyd County Sheriff John K Blackburn, the search for Slone included 11 deputies on Wednesday night.

“They were out all day and combed the hills behind the home where the shooting took place,” Blackburn said. “When the Kentucky State Police located him, he was just about two miles from that location.”

U.S. marshals also joined deputies and officers with the Kentucky State Police during the search.

Kentucky State Police Cpt. Jeff Mayberry, Sgt. Randy McCarty, Tpr. Bo Cure and Tpr. Cassandra Mullins located Slone as he walked between two vacant residences near Route 850 in Hippo. According to information provided by the Kentucky State Police, Slone was arrested without incident and treated at the scene for potential dehydration. After the arrest, officers located a variety of weapons near the scene.

Slone was transported to the Floyd County Detention Center, where he remains on a $1 million cash bond.

Read more: Floyd County Times (KY) - Police arrest double shooting suspect

This happened in my town the other day.

He had done several tours in iraq and afghanistan supposedly special forces. I can't verify this though I'm sure someone with more knowledge of service verification on the site can.

What the article doesn't cite is the fact that the girl he was with -- had been cheating on him WITH a registered child molestor. But at the same time he also met her whilst she was cheating on her husband. SO, typical of girls after break ups (at least typical of them from my area) she started slandering him via social networking sites and accusing him of sending naked pictures to a 12 year old....which she claimed were naked pictures of her and that 12 year old being her son. Her son -- THOUGH held a grudge against the defendant due to the defendant being the reason his mother and father got divorced. Next we have printed fliers of the chick naked apparently dropped different places around our region and this photo was posted. (top of defendants facebook wall) *couldn't post URL not enough posts from me* ***note the pic says it's not sweat on her face *uhoh facial*
This was a tragedy, I'm not prithee to all the details but apparently he said he'd taken all he could from being threatened by her new BF, and also laughs about his mother of whom was deceased that he lost it. He then entered her home shot her in the leg with his AR and shot the child molestor in the "groin" as a sort of vigilante justice which IMO was well deserved and so on....

You're obviously a family member or friend of Nolan Slone...here's a few FACTS for you:
#1...not a child molester, look up any records you want, that's a ridiculous statement that's not even worth arguing about

#2...the shooter DID create a "fake" facebook under Jessica Nelson's name and sent obscene pictures only he would have had possession of to underage females...more than one I might add....check with the Kentucky State Police....they have the computer records indicating this

#3...the male victim had never had ANY previous contact with the shooter by phone or in person....although, the shooter had been issued a RESTRAINING ORDER the week before the shooting and an arrest warrant was out for his arrest because he broke that restraining order by making addtional threats by phone/text messages and showing up at her home

#4...there's a very common pattern of this type of behavior demonstrated by the shooter....just ask any girl/woman Slone hung out with....2 DUI's and previous run ins with the law, fist fights with his own dad very often, fired from his job for harassing comments, and several indications of drug use including Xanax, marijuana, and shooting up with steroids which was witnessed by his ex-girlfriend..

There's you a few FACTS to ponder on....

eaglethebeagle
03-01-2011, 01:07 AM
wow fuck crazy fucking world

yfin777
03-07-2011, 08:06 AM
Just an observation here, but the use of PTSD as an excuse to behave like this just does'nt cut it for me.
The image of the John Rambo crazed Green Beret gone feral is Hollywood crap at best.
By far the vast majority of cases of PTSD are found amongst conscripts and enlisted men. Not amongst highly trained professionals who would have been quickly weeded out at the first signs of instability.
This guy was obviously some whackhead who should'nt be allowed within 1000m of a water pistol let alone a real firearm.